Linking songs together in Windows Media Player

jefferysmall

Is there any way to tie together a group of tracks together in Windows
Media Player. For example, on an album a single song or a suite may
be split into multiple tracks. Is there a way to instruct Media
Player that it should always treat that group of track as a single
song and only play them as a unit?

Thanks.

orange

Is there any way to tie together a group of tracks together in Windows
Media Player. For example, on an album a single song or a suite may
be split into multiple tracks. Is there a way to instruct Media
Player that it should always treat that group of track as a single
song and only play them as a unit?

Thanks.

Create a playlist.

Cheers,
Jerry

jeff

Create a playlist.

Jerry:

That's a good idea. However, what I would like is when I'm on shuffle
play, I want the Media Player to always play the set of tracks
together as a single piece rather than select just a random track from
the middle of the set. So far as I know, I cannot create a playlist
for a group of tracks and then get Media Player to treat the playlist
as though it were a song. Thanks for your reply. Any other ideas?

orange

jeff said:
Jerry:

That's a good idea. However, what I would like is when I'm on shuffle
play, I want the Media Player to always play the set of tracks
together as a single piece rather than select just a random track from
the middle of the set. So far as I know, I cannot create a playlist
for a group of tracks and then get Media Player to treat the playlist
as though it were a song. Thanks for your reply. Any other ideas?

Regards,

I don't really understand what you mean by "a song". Do you want to stitch
together some songs into one long file ? If so, use Audacity (Google for
it).

One long song (stitched together) is one thing, a playlist is another.

You can create a playlist from certain songs. Then select shuffle and
they'll all play in a random form. Is that what you wanted to do ?

Cheers,
Jerry

jeff

Jerry:

I really want to "stitch together" various tracks as you suggest so
that they always play as a unit. I was just hoping that Media Player
offered some trick to notate that without having to actually mangle
together the ripped tracks from the CD. So far as I can tell it
doesn't have this ability, but I was asking because there are many
features that I keep stumbling across and I was hoping that this was
one of them.

orange

jeff said:
Jerry:

I really want to "stitch together" various tracks as you suggest so
that they always play as a unit. I was just hoping that Media Player
offered some trick to notate that without having to actually mangle
together the ripped tracks from the CD. So far as I can tell it
doesn't have this ability, but I was asking because there are many
features that I keep stumbling across and I was hoping that this was
one of them.

Regards,

Use a music file editor then such as Audacity (freeware) or Goldwave
(paying).

Cheers,
Jerry