Linking outgoing e-mail within business contact manager

G

Since my last backup, a random amount of business contacts do not display
outgoing/sent messages, only incoming/received messages.

All accounts and contacts show that messages should be linked.

If an actual e-mail message is reviewed; i.e., the autolink button does not
give an option to display th e-mail address that is not linked.

C

Clinton Ford [MSFT]

If you go to the main Outlook window, click "Business Contact Manager |
Manage E-mail Auto-linking..." then click on the "Folders" tab, is the "Sent
Items" folder checked? What happens if you click the "Search and Link..."
button, then click "Start"? Do the sent messages get linked?

G

Dear Clinton:
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, this is not the case:
I receive e-mail via a ms exchange server
The problem regarding outgoing e-mail occurred as of 12/01/06 (Exchange patch?)
I only keep one month's worth of sent and received messages on the exchange server
All other sent and received messages dating back to year 2001 are achived; i.e., they reside on my,"c," drive, not on the exchange server.
All required folders both specified on the exchange server and archived on my , "c," drive are shown as, "linked." All e-mail addresses are shown as, "linked."
When I recreate a database from scatch, all outside contacts; i.e., contacts that are not associated within my company and therefore do not orginate internally from the exchange server succesfully link all incoming and outgoing messages to the specified contact/account.
Only certain contacts (random-not all)contacts that are associated within my company ; as of 12/01/06 do not show outgoing e-mail messages.
When I pull up an outlook contact, not business contact manger contact,and run, "activity," on that specifed contact all out going messages after 12/01/06 are displayed. If I bring up one of these outgoing messages and review, "autolink," all e-mail adddresses outsiode of my company are shown as, "linked," but only some, not all of my internal companyt e-mail address are displayed. In other words business contact manger does not recognize certain/random internal e-mail addresses even though they are defined as, "linked.
As a side note, I see mto have the same problem with Outlook rules. I can create any rule I wish on e-mail incoming for m an outside source through the ms exchange server. I cannot create rules on e-mail traffic originateing internally on the exchange server; i.e., from company internal e-mail.

Ask a Question