LIMITED USER ACCOUNT WEB ACCESS PROBLEMS

NBW

Please help!

I am running XP Professional and everything is OK on Administrative
Accounts. But on limited accounts -

1 IE Explorer wil not access URLS
2 MSN cannot access the WEB

But ...

I can ping these URLS from the limited account and OUTLOOK EXPRESS does work
correctly.

More bizarrely, I installed Netscape to check and this works fine on the
limited accounts.

I have tried all the support I can find including uninstalling and
reinstalling IE6 and trying to fix XP Pro.

My guess is that it is a security issue under NTFS but beyond that I am
stuck.

It would be a disaster to completely reinstall XP Pro

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Paul [MSFT]

Dear NBW,

Here are some steps to attempt to correct this problem:

Step I: Clear Internet Temporary Files
------------------------------------

1. Click Tools in Internet Explorer (IE) 6.

2. Click Internet Options and then click the General Tab.

3. In the Temporary Internet Files section, click Delete Files and click
Cookies.

4. Click Settings and then click View Objects.

5. Delete all the objects in the list.

Step II: Disable Browser Extension
------------------------------------

1. Click Tools->Internet Options in IE.

2. Select the Advanced tab.

3. Uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart)" and
then
click OK.

4. Restart the computer.

Step III: Delete the mo030414s.dll File
-----------------------------------

Please search the mo030414s.dll file on all hard disk and delete all
instances of
the file.

More Information about this BHO, refer to the following link:

http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/WurldMedia.html

MORE INFORMATION:
-----------------------------------

831432 "Iexplore.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=831432

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE