limewire crashed my computer

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Repromanded said:
on the site you posted it says you need 2 cd cdives?? is that true?
yep, afraid so ... you need one to boot & a writer. :( I forgot, and I use Linux. :blush:

The alternatives are listed ... a USB drive, hard drive or pen drive, is probably a good investment here.

Laptops are a bugger to work with when 'broken' and we have all learnt at one point or another, never leave any important data on any computer.

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
OK ok ... can we please have a little more decorum here. :rolleyes:

I'm sure 'Repromanded' is more than aware of the 'problems' caused by Limewire ... can we cool it now with the micky taking.

Thank you. :)

Ok mucks! Temptation got the better of me.:D

Reaction score
i no i must be getting slightly annoying but would it work to send it over the internet?

if yes i need to get my network card working...
i'm using a router with a wireless card all belkin, if that helps

i've tried setting it up but i'm not sure what knoppix is asking me for :S

WAN MAC address
Connection Type: Dynamic
Subnet mask
Wan IP
Default gateway
DNS Address

this is what it asks me for:

-ip address for eth0
-network mask for eth0
-broadcast address for eth0
-default gateway
-nameserver (s)

thank you for your time and knowledge, both of which i seem to lack in...

Last edited:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Nope ... Knoppix is just trying to connect to the net, no need to let it ... your ISP will not let you send huge data files and the 'upload' will be very slow anyway if they did.

You'll need an external USB drive of some sort ... best I can tell you I'm afraid. :(

you can try ... just connect everything up via ethernet, insure the hub/modem/router is turned on, restart Linux and it should automatically see & connect. If using a USB internet connection, then forget it. :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
At this stage of the game you ain't got nothing to loose ... ;)

Reaction score
ok dunno if this will interest yopu but i found out away to get all of my files off of my computer without any third party equipment... only knoppix lol

i looked on knoppix-cheatcodes document and found a boot start where u can write the knoppix to harddrive

'knoppix tohd=/dev/hda1' you enter this as a boot preference

this allowed me to take out the cd with knoppix still running thus allowing me to write my data to disk :)

thort u mite like to know this for reference

Last edited:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Well done ... I knew there was a way but to be honest I was not interested in trying. ;)

It is easy to work on a PC in front of me than via the net. :D

Now, if you scrub Windows altogether and just install Linux you'll have no bother using any P2P software.
nod.gif

Well done anyway. :thumb:

Reaction score
Repromanded said:
acer travelmate 2410... ok the problem is this, i downloaded limewire and downloaded a few files from it, problem is my computer crashed when i tried opeing an .exe file and now when my computer loads up all i get is my background picture and the taskbar. The taskbar is missing both the start menu and the taskbar icons also it is flashing vigourously...

when trying to load up in safe mode the script gets so far then stops, showing

'...system32\DRIVERS\agpCPQ.sys'

i have alot of pictures on there which i havn't backed up :(. more sentimental than anything else but i don't wanna lose them, if possible...

i have a backup disc so i can reboot my computer but i would like not to have to....

thx, repro

I linstall kazza last night(As as limewire) remove it right way. The reason was it was full of spyware same as limewire.

Limewire is know for virus. Never download any exe files from there. Better looking on download.com or google.com.

Ask a Question