library set up

Sorry to ask this again but...I had previously asked (6/14/07) how to have
Excel do a library book check out by listing the book # and then the card #
in the next cell to the right (having the cursor go right is no problem).
The problem area is going down to the next row and having the cursor go to
the first column again so that it keeps filling left/right (down) left/right
(down) etc. I received great help and figured it all out on my computer at
home (Excel 2003). Yesterday I was at our school's computer, where the
library is, and found that I couldn't set it up as I did at home because
their Excel is 2000. Is there anyone who would know how to do this with the
Excel 2000 program?

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas.

Karen

Jim Cone

Karen,
With Google botched up, it is difficult to get/find previous posts.
There is hardly anything in XL 2003 that XL2000 can't do.
You need to explain exactly what the difficulties are. "couldn't set it up"
doesn't mean much.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"KJP692" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Sorry to ask this again but...I had previously asked (6/14/07) how to have
Excel do a library book check out by listing the book # and then the card #
in the next cell to the right (having the cursor go right is no problem).
The problem area is going down to the next row and having the cursor go to
the first column again so that it keeps filling left/right (down) left/right
(down) etc. I received great help and figured it all out on my computer at
home (Excel 2003). Yesterday I was at our school's computer, where the
library is, and found that I couldn't set it up as I did at home because
their Excel is 2000. Is there anyone who would know how to do this with the
Excel 2000 program?

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas.

Karen

Since I'm at my computer (2003 Excel) I can't tell you exactly what happened
but I'll give you a rundown on a previous answer and what happened. I was
told to unlock Columns A and B and then protect the sheet. I unlocked the
columns by going thru format/cells/protection...unchecking "locked". To
protect the sheet I went thru tools/protection/protect sheet...ensuring that
"select locked cell" was unchecked. This last point ("select locked cell")
was not even an option in Excel 2000. That is the problem. I forget what
showed up when I clicked on protect sheet...so....??

Hope this helps a little.... Thanks!