Lexmark x83 communication issues.

Reaction score
Hi,

A Lexmark x83, machine type 4403_002 and serial 07350275865 will not print. The operting system will see the printer and install all the drivers. I then add the printer to the computer and attempt to print. I receive the following error. "Bi-Directional Communication issue" It goes on to tell me the computer has run into a problem establishing bi-directional communication with the printer and that I should check the printer's properties to see if bi-directional communications is installed. [I have done this and it is].

I have tried to uninstall the printer completely and restarting. I have reinstalled all the printer's software after wiping it from the machine. I have also tried another cable and other ports. I still encounter the same issue. The machine is still able to copy.

Printer: Lexmark x83 All-in-One
Connection: USB cable 2.0
system: Dell Inspiron 1150
2.8 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 Mobile
512 Mb RAM

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Check your PC BIOS for bi-directional communication ... oh, no, wait, that wont work for USB rubbish ... :rolleyes:

What was wrong with a Parallel printer port ... I still use mine. :D

Reaction score
x83 comm problem

I had almost the same problem when I was using my IBM Aptiva with WindowsME. It was intermittent and I would have to re-boot the system to get it printing again. I bought a Dell 9100 in August with WindowsXP Home Edition and haven't has a problem since. So its possible that it is not necessarily the X83's fault but something else. I have had the printer for 4 years and am happy with it. Also when the printer "couldn't communicate problem" occurred, I would still be able to scan something in. Gary Hardy

Ask a Question