Lexar Jump Drive

JCO

Every time I put my jump drive into the USB, my system locks up.
I think it is more than just a driver issue. Any ideas why this is
happening?
Hard to trouble shoot because I can't put the jump drive in. If I execute
the install file that came with the jump drive, it will say that it can't
find a jump drive (since I can't put it in).

Windows 2000, should do this automatically. I should not require me to
install anything special. Not sure what is going on.

Thanks

Dave Patrick

Does the clock stop? What happens if you restart with it plugged in?

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Every time I put my jump drive into the USB, my system locks up.
| I think it is more than just a driver issue. Any ideas why this is
| happening?
| Hard to trouble shoot because I can't put the jump drive in. If I execute
| the install file that came with the jump drive, it will say that it can't
| find a jump drive (since I can't put it in).
|
| Windows 2000, should do this automatically. I should not require me to
| install anything special. Not sure what is going on.
|
| Thanks

JCO

Not sure on the clock.
On one occassion, on restart, it locked up.
On a second occassion, it booted and ran okay but acted as if there was
nothing plugged into the USB.

Dave Patrick

Check it and let us know. Check Event Viewer for errors. Check Device
Manager for error codes and or non-starting devices.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Not sure on the clock.
| On one occassion, on restart, it locked up.
| On a second occassion, it booted and ran okay but acted as if there was
| nothing plugged into the USB.

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hi,

Try to perform a clean boot.

To boot into Clean Boot environment:

1. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in
the Open box, and then click OK.
2. In the Startup tab, click the "Disable All" button.
3. In the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" checkbox,
and then click the "Disable All" button.
4. Click OK and restart your computer.

310560: How to troubleshoot by using the System Configuration utility in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310560

Or create a new user account.

1. Log on as the Administrator or as a user with administrator credentials.
2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
3. Click User Accounts.
4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Advanced.
5. In the left pane, click the Users folder.
6. On the Action menu, click New User.
7. Enter the appropriate user information, and then click Create.
8. Logon with the new user account to see if the issue occurs in the user
profile.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others
may learn and benefit from this issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.

From: "Dave Patrick" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Lexar Jump Drive
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 18:06:05 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general

Check it and let us know. Check Event Viewer for errors. Check Device
Manager for error codes and or non-starting devices.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Not sure on the clock.
| On one occassion, on restart, it locked up.
| On a second occassion, it booted and ran okay but acted as if there was
| nothing plugged into the USB.

JCO

When items are disabled, it began working.
Then I Enabled every thing from the Service Tab and it still works.
Did not try to enable everything ... had to run. Will get back to sometime
this weekend.
Any other advice is appreciated.

From: "Dave Patrick" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 18:06:05 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general

Check it and let us know. Check Event Viewer for errors. Check Device
Manager for error codes and or non-starting devices.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Not sure on the clock.
| On one occassion, on restart, it locked up.
| On a second occassion, it booted and ran okay but acted as if there was
| nothing plugged into the USB.

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hi,

It apperas to be conflicts between applications. You can repeat the
process, but add one check back each time to the list of files listed under
the "Startup" menus until the issue reappears again.

--------------------<[email protected]> <Ppv7g.696$W83.248@trnddc07>

From: "Dave Patrick" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 18:06:05 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general