Leuchars Airshow

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Here are a few good piccies (slideshow) of aircraft, taken at the Leuchars Airshow. Rather like the ground shot of the Vulcan "looking like a big bird." :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
some great pics

we have our very own Southport Airshow this weekend, I've never been to it. :lol:

:D[/QUOTE]

That looks interesting Mucks - do you think you might go this year? Armed with camera, of course!! :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
probably not, usually forget it's happening until I start shouting at the noise, finding a "free" vantage point would require me to think.

ex RAF, seen it all before many times. ;)

:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice pics TC :D. I'm also a fan of the Vulcan shot :) The roar from those engines is just incredible!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
ex RAF, seen it all before many times. ;) :D

Which means that you'd have an eye for some really good piccies, for the edification of "us lot" here at PCR ;) :D

Ian, this one is specially for you, :D Vulcan roar.... and anyone else who would like to savour it :) What a plane! :D

Reaction score
Come to LGW and fill yer boots.
Lots of big planes in/out all day long!:rolleyes:

Nice pics of the Vulcan.:thumb:
Saw one at Biggin Hill flying in with the Red Arrows years ago.
It really was a great show stopper & made everyone look to the sky!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
There's a stunning pic HERE, of the Eurofighter jet and a Spitfire, taken in mid-air as they were flying over Lincolnshire. I love the little Spit. Below that, is another pic of a Hurricane and Spitfire ... but can anyone enlighten me as to the difference between them? I can see that the canopies are different, but otherwise, they look alike. :nod:

Strictly speaking, this link has nothing to do with Leuchars, but it's still on the same theme. ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Wing shape are very distinctive between the two. Not really show in your pic.

The Hurricane has what some call, the cockpit hump ... the Spit's is more streamline & bubble cockpit

The landing gear are different, the Spit was all metal, the Spit was faster, could climb faster, out manoeuvre the MEs and most pilots preferred the Spit. :D

... and 101 other differences. ;)

:wave:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Wing shape are very distinctive between the two. Not really show in your pic.

The Hurricane has what some call, the cockpit hump ... the Spit's is more streamline & bubble cockpit

The landing gear are different, the Spit was all metal, the Spit was faster, could climb faster, out manoeuvre the MEs and most pilots preferred the Spit. :D

... and 101 other differences. ;)

:wave:

Thanks for that Mucks :thumb: You have confirmed something that I 'thought' I'd spotted - namely the hump! But wasn't certain - as you say, the pic doesn't show it up too well.

I have rather a soft spot for these old 'planes, they had such a lot of character. :)

Ask a Question