Left hand pane Folder List doesn't update

When creating a new folder in Windows Mail, the new folder doesn't display in
the folder list on the left hand side of the screen. You can see it in the
right hand pane when you view Local Folders but it won't appear on the left
hand pane Folder List until you close Windows Mail and re-open it.

The same happens when deleting folders, they don't appear to delete until
you close and re-open Windows Mail but they do appear in the Deleted Items
folder when viewing Local Folders in the right hand pane.

Does anyone have any suggestions as it is driving me mad.

Thanks
Carmen

KristleBawl

It worked correctly for me, so I need more info.

What AntiVirus do ou use? McAfee and Norton work on Vista but are not
compatible with Windows Mail.

Have you installed or uninstalled any kind of internet programs?

KB

"Carmen" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

I have Norton installed. I've tried stopping Norton and creating a folder in
Windows Mail but still have the same issue. I have also tried re-installing
Windows Mail but it still has the same issue.

I'm wondering whether I would just be better using a different mail app.

Carmen

If only it was that simple ;-) No, Refresh doesn't work but thanks for the
reply.

Carmen

Gary VanderMolen

Many responders here have reported no relief of bad symptoms
until they completely uninstalled their incompatible antivirus
(Norton or McAfee).

Gary VanderMolen

Can you recommend an anti-virus software which is as compatible (or as can
be) with Vista and Windows Mail?

Thanks

Carmen

KristleBawl

Both Avast and AVG offer free AV programs that really are Vista compatible,
including with Windows Mail.

Personal opinion only - I'm using Avast4.

KB

"Carmen" wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Carmen said:
When creating a new folder in Windows Mail, the new folder doesn't display
in
the folder list on the left hand side of the screen. You can see it in
the
right hand pane when you view Local Folders but it won't appear on the
left
hand pane Folder List until you close Windows Mail and re-open it.

The same happens when deleting folders, they don't appear to delete until
you close and re-open Windows Mail but they do appear in the Deleted Items
folder when viewing Local Folders in the right hand pane.

Does anyone have any suggestions as it is driving me mad.

Thanks
Carmen

Does the Inbox have a plus sign in front of it?
If so, click the plus sign.