Leaked iPhone 8 designs show full front screen, no button, and minimal bezel

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
MacRumours have published details of a design leak of the upcoming iPhone 8. The renderings and diagrams show a device with an edge-to-edge screen, no home button, and a minimal bezel around the edge.

According to the diagram, the iPhone 8's display measures 5.768 inches on the diagonal and will indeed cover nearly the entire front of the device. There appears to be only a 4 mm bezel around all four sides of the display, with over half of that being the 2.5D curved glass at the edges and the remainder appearing to be the device's frame around the sides.

The drawing shows a narrow earpiece at the top of the device's front, with various cameras, sensors, and other components on either side of the earpiece. Those components would likely include a front-facing camera, small microphone hole, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, and the rumored 3D sensor.

iphone_8_kk_drawing.jpg

Read more here.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
and the most important question. Have they improved the battery life ?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Sweet! :)

Very cool looking phone and probably the best looking iPhone yet:nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The more I consider my options the more attractive the revamped Nokia 3310 looks to me. Should be released soon and shouldn't cost more than £45 new no contract.

It makes phone calls, makes texts, plays music and runs the main apps, what more do I actually need?

Oh, it has Snake as well.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
I really hope this isn't real, that looks ghastly, I can't see Apple producing such an obscene looking device.

My trusty BlackBerry Z10 turns 5, later in the year, I think I should throw a party for it, most modern smartphones never make it this far!

- Capt. Jack Sparrow.

Ask a Question