Layout Tables and Cells in FP2003

G

Hello

I can't seem to figure out how to get the buttons activated on Layout Tables and Cells Task Pane. I've tried a number of things including creating a new blank page, but the buttons are still all grayed out. Oddly enough, from the Table menu I can select Draw Table, which pops up the Table task bar and which does have active buttons for drawing layout tables and layout cells. But what's even more peculiar is that at the same time these layout buttons are active, the same buttons on the Layout Tables and Cells Task Pane are disabled. Why is that? I'd expecially like to use the Layout Table Templates, but of course they're all disabled on the Task Pane. The checkbox below the Layout Table Templates is checked to show these when creating a new page, but they never show. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

J

Jim Buyens

Howdy.

Many of the buttons will be dimmed unless you have a
Layout Table currently selected. However, the Insert
Layout Table and Insert Layout Cell links should work.
Do they not?

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out
||---------------------------------------------------
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming
|| (All from Microsoft Press)
|/---------------------------------------------------
*----------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
Hello,

I can't seem to figure out how to get the buttons
activated on Layout Tables and Cells Task Pane. I've
tried a number of things including creating a new blank
page, but the buttons are still all grayed out. Oddly
enough, from the Table menu I can select Draw Table, which
pops up the Table task bar and which does have active
buttons for drawing layout tables and layout cells. But
what's even more peculiar is that at the same time these
layout buttons are active, the same buttons on the Layout
Tables and Cells Task Pane are disabled. Why is that?
I'd expecially like to use the Layout Table Templates, but
of course they're all disabled on the Task Pane. The
checkbox below the Layout Table Templates is checked to
show these when creating a new page, but they never show.
What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

G

The Insert Layout Table and Insert Layout Cell links are also disabled. Any idea why? Thank you.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Use the menu Table Insert Table and Enable the layout tools

--

| The Insert Layout Table and Insert Layout Cell links are also disabled. Any idea why? Thank you.

G

I just tried Table Insert Table, Enabled the Layout Tools, clicked ok, and a (standard) table was created. The Insert Layout Table and Insert Layout Cell links are still disabled though. I should be able to use these links even with a brand new blank page, correct? And I still can't seem to use the Layout Table Templates, they are all disabled too.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Yes

Make sure in Tools Page Options Authoring everything is turned on ( browser set to IE5+)
and if needed run a Help Detect & Repair of FP 2003

--

| I just tried Table Insert Table, Enabled the Layout Tools, clicked ok, and a (standard) table was created. The Insert Layout
Table and Insert Layout Cell links are still disabled though. I should be able to use these links even with a brand new blank page,
correct? And I still can't seem to use the Layout Table Templates, they are all disabled too.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

The Table layout tool does not require an addin

--

| I tried everything you suggested, but the links are still disabled. I've recently installed FP2003 too, and I've been using it
out-of-the-box without any add-ins or other bells and whistles... maybe there is an add-in or something else that I need?

S

Stefan B Rusynko

PS
Make sure you do not have View Reveal Tags Selected
- when that is turned on the Table layout tool is turned off
--

| The Table layout tool does not require an addin
|
| --
|
| _____________________________________________
| SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| _____________________________________________
|
|
| | I tried everything you suggested, but the links are still disabled. I've recently installed FP2003 too, and I've been using it
| out-of-the-box without any add-ins or other bells and whistles... maybe there is an add-in or something else that I need?
|
|

G

That was it! I had View Reveal Tags selected... I unselected it and now all the Layout Table tools are selectable! Any idea why selecting Reveal Tags disables the Layout Table tools like that? That sure caused me a lot of grief. Now I'm a bit worried about selecting other seemingly harmless options because who knows what might be disabled

At any rate thank you very much for your help Stefan!!! :)

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Because the Reveal tags is a special screen mode in FP and should normally not be selected

--

| That was it! I had View Reveal Tags selected... I unselected it and now all the Layout Table tools are selectable! Any idea why
selecting Reveal Tags disables the Layout Table tools like that? That sure caused me a lot of grief. Now I'm a bit worried about
selecting other seemingly harmless options because who knows what might be disabled.
|
| At any rate thank you very much for your help Stefan!!! :)

Ask a Question