Lastest Version of Windows Movie Maker

MSofBolivar

I have used WMM a little in the past and have had my computer for a while. I
am running XP home, SP3.

I know this is a simple question, but I am confused buy the windows movie
maker website. What is the most current WMM version to be using as of the
time when a reply is posted to this question?

In the "About WMM" Dialog box from the help button the version listed is:
Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236: Service Pack 3)
Windows Movie Maker Version 2.1.4026.0.

Is this version already more than some references I see on the web site of
Movie Maker 2?

Thank you,

LVTravel

MSofBolivar said:
I have used WMM a little in the past and have had my computer for a while.
am running XP home, SP3.

I know this is a simple question, but I am confused buy the windows movie
maker website. What is the most current WMM version to be using as of the
time when a reply is posted to this question?

In the "About WMM" Dialog box from the help button the version listed is:
Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236: Service Pack 3)
Windows Movie Maker Version 2.1.4026.0.

Is this version already more than some references I see on the web site of
Movie Maker 2?

Thank you,

The version of Movie Maker you have depends on the computer's operating
system and service pack level. WMM 1.1 was shipped with XP (original
release through SP 1 disks), WMM 2.0 (downloadable) was first available to
Windows XP users and would install and even leave 1.1 on the system. WMM
2.1 was installed with XP's SP 2 and overwrote version 2.0. WMM in XP's
Media Center edition is a different flavor of WMM still and Vista also has
two different versions of WMM, 2.6 & 6.0. Confusing isn't it.

You have WMM 2.1 and you have the latest version for Windows XP as you also
have SP 3 installed.

MSofBolivar

--
MS

LVTravel said:
The version of Movie Maker you have depends on the computer's operating
system and service pack level. WMM 1.1 was shipped with XP (original
release through SP 1 disks), WMM 2.0 (downloadable) was first available to
Windows XP users and would install and even leave 1.1 on the system. WMM
2.1 was installed with XP's SP 2 and overwrote version 2.0. WMM in XP's
Media Center edition is a different flavor of WMM still and Vista also has
two different versions of WMM, 2.6 & 6.0. Confusing isn't it.

You have WMM 2.1 and you have the latest version for Windows XP as you also
have SP 3 installed.

Thank you!

question the status quo

Yes, and I don't understand what's the benefit of having 6.0 and 2.6 together.
I have Vista with WMM 6.0, then I downloaded & installed WMM 2.6. Which one
is better?

Graham Hughes

Computers designed to run vista should have a properly working movie maker
v6.0.
In which case v6.0 is definately the best to use and there is no reason to
download and install v2.6
Older computers, which were designed for XP and have been upgraded to vista
often struggle to use v6.0, or even it doesn't work at all, so MS brought
out an updated version of v2.1 specifically for this instance, so, if your
v6.0 doesn't work on your pc, then downloading and installing v2.6 is best.
--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"question the status quo" <question the status
news:[email protected]...