Last day of hols

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Have had a busy day today on my last day of EASTER hols..took the short 1/2 mile trip to Trentham Gardens ...with the wife and kids ..followed the Easter Egg trail for the kids , rewarded with Choccy eggs (yummy)
great time had by all ...
http://www.trenthamleisure.co.uk/

Visit, it is superb :thumb:

Oh via the shops their is one where i work (the Manufacturing site not the shop).
Portmeirion ..i have to return there monday morning at 6am :(

Last edited:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Michael 118
ouch.:(

must of been a rubbish end to your holidays getting up at 6am after your walk

No..a Great end ..i got up this morning at 7.30am to breakfast the nippers ...dont have to be at work until 6am Monday
happywave.gif

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Portmeirion is one of my most favourite places ever. How I envy you working there - I have had the BEST times there and it brings back so many happy memories for me. When next I am passing I will surely say hello to you!!

Sometimes I just love to watch Prisoner DVDs just to get the 'fix' of Portmeirion!!!!

PS if you have any spare plates, bowls etc... going begging - I am your woman!! Oh and if you could fix it for me to stay in one of the lovely buildings for a week-end I would be eternally grateful!!!!!

Love

Gabriella x

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Sorry Gabs i dont work in Portmeirion but at Portmeirion In Stoke..although the 2 are both connected (Clough -Elliss ,Cooper willis) started the Factory .. and i do get a handsome discount ..;) I will try and get some hotel discount tickets and the like for you :thumb:

My kitchen is decked out in Botanic Rose ..some i commisioned myself because the items dont exist in that pattern ..i will post pics soon

http://www.portmeirion.com/

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hello Rush

I hadn't realised that there was a Stoke outlet although that makes sense being as Stoke is the land of pottery.

I can just see the Portmeirion pottery now and I just LOVE it!!!

I was only jesting about the discount but I do SO love the place and the pottery. Perhaps you could fix it for me - suggest they incorporate sunflowers in one of their designs? It would go well with the botanical theme I think!!

Love

Gabriella x

PS Does your workplace open to the public as I often go through Stoke to my sister-in-laws in Shropshire and I could call by for a look at the lovely things P/m produce??

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Yes , we have a shop on site and we do factory tours..If you want a decorative plate let me know the style and message and shape and i will post 1 too you :thumb: .I have some muscle there as i am Team Leader over the Kilns

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Oh Rush that's so kind!! I am not sure about a design though - design is not my forte I am afraid I was thinking about how nice it would be to incorporate a sunflower design with the botanical theme. (Nice for me that is - whether the owners think the same is another matter!!)

Love

Gabriella x

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Choose an available Design and item piece (ie 10" plate) and a message and i will send it to you.. will pass on the sunflower idea too our design dept :thumb:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
OK - I am going for it!!

I love the 'Crazy Daisy' design by P/m - how about introducing a sunflower in the theme - keeping it basically the same but with the sunflower - that would be perfect for me!!!

Love

Gabriella x

PS I need a cup and saucer in my suggested theme but the Crazy Daisy is just the best with my minor adjustments!!

Last edited: