Large flat screen advice

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been sent this from a friend but I haven't much experience of large flatscreens. Can anyone offer any advice please?

I am helping to run a stand for a small local based dive school at the Excel centre in March. One idea I have had is a PowerPoint display flipping over some photos on a screen in the background. I think that 32" would probably be more than enough but really need it to be some sort of flat screen due to space restrictions and would need some sort of a stand.
Make is unimportant and price far more important as they are a very small school making their debut.
Any great suggestions apart from nicking a plasma or LCD one from the local Tescos. I have tried googling and they want about £90 per day. FFS I could buy one brand new for £400 from Argos

Thanks for any suggestions,

Many thanks for your help.

Ian

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
If the price is very important I would suggest a multimedia projector likes of Epson who have excellent low cost LCD ones. I bought one for the office for conducting trainings, and presentations. It works like a charm for both, laptop presentations as well as for watching movies. If you are interested will check the exact model for you.

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
If the price is very important I would suggest a multimedia projector likes of Epson who have excellent low cost LCD ones. I bought one for the office for conducting trainings, and presentations. It works like a charm for both, laptop presentations as well as for watching movies. If you are interested will check the exact model for you.
Yes please mister. If you could find the model, would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Ian

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian,

Here is the model number - Epson EMP-X3

We found it to be an excellent unit for our needs.

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Ian,

Here is the model number - Epson EMP-X3

We found it to be an excellent unit for our needs.
Hi,

Thanks for the model number. I apologise for not getting back sooner but I've just got back from a diving trip to Egypt :D

Ian

Ask a Question