Plasma Screen Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm looking for help here.

I need 11 screen protectors for some 40" Plasma screens and I can't find any.

Now I know we're all privvy to the same online search engines but I just wondered if any of you folks in other parts of the world than me would know somewhere I could get such a thing?

They need to be adjustable, ideally clip-on and hard material, not just film. The idea is to give the screens protection from items thrown at them, as they're in a school.

Here's a link to exactly the thing I'm after but whoever composed this web site doesn't seem to be in business. I have e-mailed them. Link

If anybody can help I'd be very grateful.

Failing that, does anybody know which material I would use to possibly make my own? Needs to be some kind of plastic, clear, anti-glare material I would imagine.

I have managed to find a 24" product but nobody seems to make 40" versions.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
This company says that it will custom-make up to 50" protectors, will add more if I find any :)

Edit: Just found another - you have to email for details from this page though.

Edit-edit :D This one also looks promising. But this one is cheaper.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TC, I really apreciate your help, thank you :)

On the first link I couldn't find any screen protectors, do you have a more direct link?

The second one is allied to the link I gave, I'm still waitting on a return e-mail from them.

The third one is too expensive I'm afraid, by the time I added shipping cost and import duties from the USA, and then added my markup, I think the protector would be getting close to the cost of the Plasma screen.

And the fourth is only for rear projection screens I'm afraid :(

Will the Mighty Shield screen fit my Plasma or LCD TV?
-No, the Mighty Shield only fits rear projection big screen TVs. Visit ViewFrameWorks.com to see the Mirrage, a beautiful wooden frame that protects wall mounted televisions. It's a mirror when the television is off, and when the TV comes on the mirror disappears.

But I do thank you :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Welcome Flopps :)

With that first link - the longer version of it is: http://www.allproducts.com/manufacture98/ati/product1.html
I think they intend one to click their flashing "inquire" link for more info though... perhaps it's another very expensive one.

I thought the second one was mind-bogglingly expensive too - and sorry about the back projection one (duh! I should have read it a bit more closely :rolleyes:) - if I find anything else on my cyber travels I will post it.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I've found four more you might want to cast an eyeball over ;)

You'll need to scroll down a bit with this one.
http://www.protectcovers.com/screen_protectors.htm

Here is one with a metal frame http://www.plasmatvstore.com/plasmatv_protectivescreen.htm

This one is for both Plasma and LCD it's optical grade 4mm acrylic http://thescreenprotector.co.uk/

Two anti-shatter protectors here for up to 65" screens here at Purple-cat http://www.purple-cat.co.uk/accessories/protection.htm#plasma

Not sure if these will help, but had to give it another shot :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You have been busy Taffycat :)

Now I don't wish to appear ungrateful but

First link as far as I can see lists only film, I need a hard cover.

Second link looks to be for 50" only which is a shame because it looks to be a quality product.

Third link is, again, the link I posted in my original post. That one crops up under several guises I've noticed but I really don't think they're trading, the website looks to have been static since it was created in 2006 and the only contact is an e-mail address.

Fourth link: Purple cat looks promising :thumb: I shall phone them tomorrow.

I spoke to an IT friend of mine who works in a place named Ashridge College and he seems fairly certain a company named Unicol can supply them. I don't know why I didn't think of this myself, I've dealt with Unicol quite a lot in the past and have even visited them at Oxford. They make TV mounts and stands, amongst other things.

But Unicol don't list protectors on their web site. I shall phone them tomorrow as well.

Again, I'm grateful for your help TC :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, I've sourced a supplier now, it was actually that one that kept cropping up in all the searches, they responded to my e-mail and have given me a price.

They're based in Weston Super Mare, Somerset.

I've given the school a quote to supply and fit, letting them know it takes a week for delivery, and they're now umming and ahhing :rolleyes:

And if they do decide to buy them, it won't be until three weeks' time.

Doncha just love being self-employed? :D

To TaffyCat - I thank you :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I'm glad you've found one to suit Flops, they sound like a jolly good idea - particularly in a school situation, or for that matter, anywhere prone to "missile attack" :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I spoke to an IT friend of mine who works in a place named Ashridge College and he seems fairly certain a company named Unicol can supply them. I don't know why I didn't think of this myself, I've dealt with Unicol quite a lot in the past and have even visited them at Oxford. They make TV mounts and stands, amongst other things.

But Unicol don't list protectors on their web site. I shall phone them tomorrow as well.

Hi s1d972, the above quote from post '# 6.

So yes, I'm aware of Unicol, I have used them often and visited their premises in Oxford several times.

Thanks for the link but I'm sorted now.

I will make a note of it however.

I am still waiting for an order from my customer actually, I don't think they expected them to be quite so expensive or they're trying for other quotes maybe.

Work be grim at the moment, I have around ten quotes out there right now but nodody's biting.

If it carries on like this I may have to consider a real job :lol:

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
I've found four more you might want to cast an eyeball over ;)
:D

Taffy,

Another one for your list is http://www.tv-armor.com
They look like they have a pretty decent protector.. 6.5mm
thick. I'm thinking about picking one up, my kids have been eyeing up the TV and accidents happen.

Mike

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Only problem is, Sir, you appear to be in New Jersey and I am in Greenwich.

This is an old thread that has served it's purpose and to prevent more spam I am going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question