laptop monitor problem

My HP Pavilion zv6000's monitor is dim when it's plugged into AC and it's
bright when it's on battery power. I would like the monitor display to be
dimed when it's on battery to save power. I can find nothing under "power
options" in the control panel to fix this problem. I'm running Windows XP
and an AMD Athlon w/ Graphics by ATI.
Anyone ever heard of this problem?

Jim Macklin

look in display properties

"knight light" <knight (e-mail address removed)>
wrote in message
| My HP Pavilion zv6000's monitor is dim when it's plugged
into AC and it's
| bright when it's on battery power. I would like the
monitor display to be
| dimed when it's on battery to save power. I can find
nothing under "power
| options" in the control panel to fix this problem. I'm
running Windows XP
| and an AMD Athlon w/ Graphics by ATI.
| Anyone ever heard of this problem?

Jim Macklin

Also, make sure the profile/theme is set to laptop.

wrote in message
| My HP Pavilion zv6000's monitor is dim when it's plugged
into AC and it's
| bright when it's on battery power. I would like the
monitor display to be
| dimed when it's on battery to save power. I can find
nothing under "power
| options" in the control panel to fix this problem. I'm
running Windows XP
| and an AMD Athlon w/ Graphics by ATI.
| Anyone ever heard of this problem?

Found the answer. Hold down function key ("fn") on lower left keyboard while
depressing the F8 key. F7 dims the monitor. Works like a charm. I don't
know if this works for all laptops or just the HP Pavilion.