HP recalls over 100,000 laptop batteries

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
HP has issued a recall of over 100,000 lithium-ion laptop batteries in the USA, Canada and Mexico due to fire concerns, it has been reported. The company previously issued a recall of around 40,000 batteries in June last year but this has now been expanded. The Verge has more:

HP is recalling around 101,000 lithium-ion batteries used in the company’s range of laptops. The recall is an expansion from the 41,000 recalled back in June, and the Consumer Product Safety Commission claims affected batteries could overheat “posing fire and burn hazards.” Affected laptops include the HP ProBook, HP ENVY, Compaq Presario, and HP Pavilion notebooks sold between March 2013 and October 2016.

The CPSC recommends that consumers remove the batteries from affected devices and contact HP for a free replacement. Laptops can still be used by plugging them into AC adapters until a replacement battery arrives.

It hasn't been a good year for battery manufacturers has it?!

Read more here.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I think we should all go back to using clockworks, no one has died, to my knowledge, from a broken mainspring.

:user:

Ask a Question