Laptop Heat?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I used my laptop for about 10 hours solid yesterday (a LAN party) and it got rather toasty... does anyone find that theirs gets rather hot after a while?

It didn't shut down, crash or give any warnings so I suspect it must be within tolerances - but it was rather worrying!

Too hot to be a true laptop anyway.

Reaction score
Mine got so hot the other day it just shutdown and wouldn't turn back on, turned it upside down to check under the maintanence panel and the cpu was sizzling lol.

Warning to all, don't touch heatpipes after the machine has been on, they are rather dangerous, well my fingers think so anyway.

Mine is not a true laptop either as the battery is dead and can't source a cheap new one.

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A7620

Chris,

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Well most laptops now are getting more and more powerful, and so they radiate alot of heat.
i dont think you should put them one you lap anymore :D

Reaction score
ive noticed my pc temps are slightly hotter!

but i think its always good to avoid direct sunshine!
theres my advice!

talking of advice..............
here i was wondering ne1 heard from Sir Mucks
must say ive always liked his advice!
i mean i aint seen him post for ages!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You can get those fan pads that go underneath Ian... and suck the heat away, my brother uses one for his Laptop, and his is a beast of a machine....that Kicks off enormous amounts of heat when he's on one of his gaming sessions.....;)

Ask a Question