Laptop Advice

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on a laptop, think its KGB thats the man to ask!! :) Im going to OZ, but want a computer in my flat when im over there. Who makes good laptops? Dont want to spend to much, just for office stuff and broadband and digital photos etc. Not gaming really. Are Dell the ones to go for?

Also, anyone think im better buying it before i go or when im out there?

Cheers.

Reaction score
I heard IBM are the best for reliability etc...

Get one over there - chances are it will be cheaper, and you wont need to faff around buying a new power adaptor to charge/run it. You'd also have a useful warranty.

Reaction score
how long are you going to oz for?

remember, the warrenty will only be applicable in australia, not over here.

I would reccomend either Dell, Tosheba, or IBM for what you want to do with it. Sony's are amazing, but there prices are soo much.

Stay away from the obvios ones like time & tiny though

KGB

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
IBM that I have is having worldwide warranty, thats the way it usually is with IBM. No matter where you buy it will be covered all over. This subject has been beaten to death at this forum, if you do a bit of search you will find many threads discussing Laptops.

IBM and Toshiba have the most experience making laptops and they tend to be very reliable in the long run as well. IBM have sold more Laptops (Thinkpads) than any other manufacturer, 20 million was the count about a year ago. IBM Laptops are also used by NASA throughout their organisation and also on the space shuttle. If a laptop is worthy of going into space it better be reliable. :D

I used a T20 before and now I have the T41, T series is their top of the line. Currently T42p is their flagship model. R Series has same specs more or less like the T series but is not as thinner and lighter. When you talk about thinnest and lightest laptop with a 14.1 inch screen - it is the Thinkpad T Series.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Volvo ... Drive it anyware and IF you happen to need assistance, you'll find the Volvo parts easily.

... or you could just buy an IBM ;)

Ask a Question