LapRest

Reaction score
Hi, I was quite worried to hear from a female (!) colleague about the study carried out on the effects of laptop use on your lap. Apparentely, heat generated by the laptop reduces the sperm count and may cause infertility!!! As I promised my gf that we would soon start a family, I don't want to disappoint her:) I don't know if anyone has come across this product before but I've just bought one from [mucks edit: no free adds please] and will let you know soon if it works:):) Has anyone got one? it looks cool!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You should have saved yourself the bother ... spunk ain't affected by heat. Body temp is 98.6 ... if a laptop got that hot it would melt.

You could also save money by buying a Tea Tray for £1.50

And just in case you ARE a spammer, I deleted your link. :D

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't mean to advertise, just wondered if anyone had one and if it's any good as I couldn't find any reviews on the product.

muckshifter

Reaction score
No need to apologise ... I always get the screaming abdabs seeing first posts with links.

I was being my sarcastic self. ;)

A tea Tray will do the same job, cheaper, and has handles too. :D

As for the other matter, I call it FUD

:user:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
chris43 said:
Apparentely, heat generated by the laptop reduces the sperm count and may cause infertility!!!

Hard to believe that statement. Even so, reducing the sperm count doesn't neccessarily reduce fertility. Only one sperm is required to do the trick!! Halving the sperm count would still mean that 20 million would be produced at each get-together.
And, how long do you have the thing on your lap? Surely, not all day. Someone walking about in a hot country is probably subject to more heat than a laptop produces. And anyway, as it gets hotter your testicles move further away from your main source of body heat i.e. your body. So, I wouldn't worry unless you find them half way down your trouser legs.That's when you need to invest in one of Muck's trays.
icon10.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Reaction score
I often lie in bed with my laptop and because it sinks into the covers it blocks the fans etc etc, so what i've done for the last year or so is i put it on top of an A4 folder from university. It sits neatly on it and when i dump it on my bed it keeps it raised up so not to block the fans. Also the folder angles it at quite a good angle.

Im a genius!! haha.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Nice idea bodhi ...

However, I have to inform you that you must now refrain from using "that device" pending my patent application ... :thumb:

I will be going into "production" very soon. I'll also be producing a design with built-in fan to assist in heat extraction. You will even be able to put paper into the device. :nod:

Of course, members here at PCR will be able to pre-order from the usual address & remittance of £99.99

:D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...I'm sorry guys, but this is just such a funny thread!

nivrip said:
Looks like we'll all have to start wearing fireproof trousers (or skirts ) from now on.

So what kind of skirts are you all thinking of getting...? I'm guessing a kilt for Mucks (with his Scottish connections) :p Can't wait to see some pics of this new PC Review male fashion trend :lol:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
For all those poor blokes that have had the snip...little did they know their friendly lappie was the alternative to the surgeons knive and the John Wayne walk ..lol lol lol .
never mind the link to the product , wheres the link to the infertility thingy lol lol

muckshifter

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
...I'm sorry guys, but this is just such a funny thread!

So what kind of skirts are you all thinking of getting...? I'm guessing a kilt for Mucks (with his Scottish connections) :p Can't wait to see some pics of this new PC Review male fashion trend
laughingsmiley.gif
Just for your eyes only ...

:p

Attachments

• Neil in a.jpg
    Neil in a.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 56

sol

Reaction score
:nod: yes you definately look smart but just imagine guys in proper skirts-shudders thinking about it :lol:

will look for the pics of my aunty & uncles wedding-they were all in kilts as well as my uncles family come from scotland & was a fantastic day & such a laugh :D

Ask a Question