L2TP connection

Hi

I want to setup a vpn connection by using L2TP/IPSEC. If i'm using PPTp
everything is fine. My problem happens when i'm using l2tp. I have two vpn
connections configured on on windows xp client to two different windows
RRAS, one is a Windows 2000 server and the other one is a Windows 2003
server. I'm able to connect to the Windows 2003 server but not the Windows
2000 server, my clients gives me error 789 and 792.

I'm using a private PKI infrastructure and it must be working if the
connection to the Windows 2003 server is successfull

I have a firewall at the windows 2000 site with ports 1701,4500 and 500 opens.

Any advice on why is not working for Windows 2000

Thanks

Jason Tan

Hello,

Thanks for posting!

I suggest you disable the firewall on the Windows 2000 and check to see if
the issue persists. Additionally, I would like to provide you with the
following information for your reference:

Description of the IPSec policy created for L2TP/IPSec
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248750/

How to configure an L2TP/IPSec connection by using Preshared Key
Authentication
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240262/

Hope the information helps.

Best Regards,