kodak easyshare photo r there but not able to open them

Reaction score
i have a window xp 2002
i am running kodak easyshare photo software
when i open it up all my photo are there but when i try to open them it says
that these photos have been moved or renamed.yet if i open properties on each photo it gives an address but i cannot find that any where on my comp
cheers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like the software has the thumnails cached, but the images no longer exist. Has anyone deleted the photos outside of the easyshare software?

Reaction score
cannot be sure as it is not my comp.but the owner is not very computer literate so anything is possible. sorry but what does cache mean

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK, your best bet is just to search your computer any image files and see if you can locate them manually. It sounds like they have been deleted (or moved!).

Reaction score
how come when i look at properties of any photo it gives full address of where it is saved

cheers

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ashyarugby said:
how come when i look at properties of any photo it gives full address of where it is saved

cheers
Does it? where is it saying they are stored ... ?

Dump the software ... get a card reader ... put the card from the camera into the reader ... XP will do the rest AND store your pics in My Pictures ... ;)

Kodak make good cameras, but have a lot to learn about PCs :D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the default location for the pics is

C:\Documents and Settings\**\My Documents\My Pictures

where ** is the user name, have a look in there or do a search for *.jpg

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Dump the software ... get a card reader ... put the card from the camera into the reader ... XP will do the rest AND store your pics in My Pictures ... ;)
Kodak make good cameras, but have a lot to learn about PCs :D

Agreed.. havn't installed any 'device' programs for a while. Card reader makes it all soo much easier. Much easier to manage your "My Documents Folder" than having to launch that terrible Kodak software. I had it for a while... I think its crap, its hard to organise your photos and takes too long to load up.

Ask a Question