Kidney Donations ...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Just been watching some news over on the Beeb ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_4940000/newsid_4945200/bb_wm_4945276.stm

... and was wondering.

Would you participate in and "exchange" for a member of your family ... indeed, would you donate a kidney anyway?

Some of you may know my wife Nettie (Annette) passed away rather suddenly last year (April 30th :( ), she was an organ donor, as a result three people benefitted from her death so they may live a more normal and active life. I too am a registered donor, but this only applies on my death. I wonder if they would like one of mine tomorrow?

:)

PS
Fact is stranger than fiction, one of the people that was lucky enough to get one of Nettie's kidneys was also called Annette.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By mucks
Would you participate in and "exchange" for a member of your family ... indeed, would you donate a kidney anyway?

I would...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
They can have what they like when I'm dead. Until then, I was born with 'em, they're there for a purpose, so I'm hanging on to 'em thank you :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
For someone I love, definitely. Even if it meant some sort of kidney exchange programe like it suggests. I would never want to see someone I love go through something like dialysis if I could stop it. If someone else gets that benefit also then that is even better.

For Altruism...? I'm afraid it might be callous of me but I'll hang on to it 'till I'm finished with it.

After that then they can do whatever they will with me. Except bury me. Wouldn't want to be buried. But asides from that then it really comes down to whatever works best for the people I leave behind. they are the ones who are going to have to live with the grief. Anything that makes it easier for them is good with me.

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Yes, to a member of my family.
I'm thinking of becoming a blood donor as i feel thats important.

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Yes, i would to a friend or family member.
Sorry, i did not know Muckshifter about your wife.
Being an Organ Donor can give life to others at a sad time for one family, but can be joy for others to see their loved ones helped.

kind regards
Murdoch

Reaction score
I would even to a stranger!Definitely if it meant life for them rather than death.

Ask a Question