Keyboard won't repeat

G

My keyboard won't repeat letters, such as the two 't's in 'letters' and won't repeat the "Backspace" key without waiting for about five seconds. I've tried other keyboards, including a Microsoft Internet Keyboard on USB, but all behave the same. I've installed Windows 98 on another partition, and this keyboard problem does NOT occur.

I'm running XP Professional on an ASUS M/B with VIA 333 chipset, have installed XP again, then SP1, then all downloads from Windows Update and still can't get rid of this annoying problem. Any hints out there

Bob Johnso
(e-mail address removed)

P

Pauline Johnson

My keyboard won't repeat letters, such as the two 't's in 'letters' and won't repeat the "Backspace" key without waiting for about five seconds. I've tried other keyboards, including a Microsoft Internet Keyboard on USB, but all behave the same. I've installed Windows 98 on another partition, and this keyboard problem does NOT occur.

I'm running XP Professional on an ASUS M/B with VIA 333 chipset, have installed XP again, then SP1, then all downloads from Windows Update and still can't get rid of this annoying problem. Any hints out there?

Bob Johnson
(e-mail address removed)

Go to control panel and click on "Keyboard". If you can't see it you
may be in "Category" mode so click first on "Printers and other
hardware" and then on "Keyboard"

Now have a play with the settings "Repeat delay" and "Repeat rate" -
there is a space there to test the settings before you click "OK"

Ask a Question