Kernel_Stack_Inpage_Error / C0000218 Unknown Hard Error

Reaction score
I have Dell Inspiron 6000 purchased in May 2005. Recently it has started giving me some trouble.

I re-installed Windows XP a couple of times and this time it is giving me a problem that suddenly the blue screen appears. I noted the error code once which I have listed below

Kernel_Stack_Inpage_Error

***Stop: 0X00000077 (0XC000000E, 0XC000000E, 0X00000000, 0X0120B000)

One of the messages on the forum I read advised to run the CHKDSK which I set for running after reboot. While checking the disk using this utility at 4th step, it probably crashed again.

The following message appeared for a long time before I switched it off.

Stop: C000028 Unknown Hard Error.

I want to know what could be the cause of this. The forums suggested number of reasons.

1. Hard disk failure
  2. Boot sector virus
  3. Registry corruption
What do you think could be the real reason behind this? I have Norton Internet Security which is up to date with latest definitions.

Many thanks in advance & regards,

Sagar Gadre

Reaction score
The windows XP that I have installed is fairly up to date. Except SP3 and IE7 all the latest updates and patches have been added to the system.

Just FYI if that helps,

Regards,

Sagar

Reaction score
You say you ran CHKDSK and u think it crashed? Why do you think this?

Was it taking a long time so you just switched off? Or did it give an error during the check?

Reaction score
The reason I thought it crashed during running the CHKDSK was because it gave that second error and did nothing beyond that for quite some time. The error was.
Stop: C000028 Unknown Hard Error.

This appeared while it was at 4th step out of total 5 steps.

Reaction score
this might help

I have done some work around dell pcs to notice most of the blue screens with them is in regards to bios. if you have not added any hardware to the pc, please look at dell website for the latest bios flash for your model. & upgrade via startup. I hope this might help

Ask a Question