KERNEL32.dll dynamic link library problem

G

ok when I start my game I get this error

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
eqgame.exe -Entry point not foun

The procedure entry point MakeCriticalSectionGlobal could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tech support for my game says its a windows problem. Can anyone please help me?

Thank
dav
(e-mail address removed)

G

For dll errors/events,if its a windows issue,go to technet at microsoft.com,troubleshooting/support
in the new window,xp pro.Youll get directed to an on-line dll/event utility for answer
to the specific dll,have info available.

G

Ok I found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;142606

This is the exact problem i am having BUT I am using Win XP pro and according to the site this error doesnt occure with win xp, only 95, 98, nt, me , 2000. And they dont give a fix just to contact the vendor? Would that be HP sense its a HP computer? Could a application that was added be causing this? I purchased this computer used and I see someone added several microsoft programs (I cant restore to before these adds for some reason). Any help would be great thanks

Dave

Ask a Question