{{{{[[[[Kelly & Family]]]]}}}} (was Re: messages on server not available)

Alias

Leythos said:
Which proves by point entirely - if the state and local governments had
taken control, enacted anything reasonable, N/O would be in a lot better
situation. They could learn a lot from Other areas that take their
safety and planning seriously.

We're not a dictator based country, or one based around the military,
like CUBA is, but each state could easily make plans like those the
Cuban's have - ask why the "State" didn't do what Cuba did.

"The day after Katrina hit the Gulf Coast, Bush was playing golf."

Bush needs permission from the Gov of LA to act? Pulease.

Alias

Leythos

the city and state tried to plan; but Congress robbed the levee
improvement plans to pad their districts with 'Steamtowns' and other
crap. Nagin and his levee people said the improvements could have
been done with maybe 1 billion over 20 years, but they got shot down
every time. So, who is the piss poor planner? Congress. Selfish
bastards aought to be in NO on their hands and knees washing the
residents' feet.

but I'm not bitter....

Since the fed have no mandate to provide funding for state projects,
would it not be the responsibility of the State? YES!

There is nothing that says the Fed's have to provide funding for local
state projects, and since the local government already knew about the
funding issue, it should have been planning. The levy breaking is not
the real issue, it could have happened if it was in good repair - the
real issue is the lack of planning for "what do we do WHEN the levy
fails" and has been an issue for 30 years. So, who are you bitter about
when the people responsible for the local issues were sitting on their
arses doing nothing.

Leythos

aka@ said:
"The day after Katrina hit the Gulf Coast, Bush was playing golf."

Bush needs permission from the Gov of LA to act? Pulease.

Yes, he needs the GOV to request help, which is a simple phone call, and
could have been done at any time the Gov thought it was needed.

Ask yourself, why did the Gov wait so long?

Alias

Leythos said:
Yes, he needs the GOV to request help, which is a simple phone call, and
could have been done at any time the Gov thought it was needed.

Give me a break. All Bush had to do is declare a *national emergency", you
moron!
Ask yourself, why did the Gov wait so long?

Ask yourself why Bush was playing golf instead of phoning up the Gov? Maybe
the Gov. couldn't get Bush on the phone because he was on the golf course.

Alias

Leythos

aka@ said:
Give me a break. All Bush had to do is declare a *national emergency", you
moron!

It wasn't a national emergency, it's localized to a few areas in a few
states.
Ask yourself why Bush was playing golf instead of phoning up the Gov? Maybe
the Gov. couldn't get Bush on the phone because he was on the golf course.

So, you don't want to address it - why the Govonor, the responsible
person for the state, didn't call for help?

It's not like the government at the Fed level stops working when the
President goes on vacation or takes a dump - there are zillions of
people still working, still responsible, etc...

So, answer the question, unless you don't want to see your ranting
falling apart - why didn't the governor call for help sooner?

otis

NOT a fed project???? Look at all the fed spending now. ever hear
of PREVENTION?

or look at gas prices due to loss of refineries. Southern LA is in
top 3 in importance to oil industrry in US. Don't u think that
deserves some FEDERAL ounce of prevention?

BTW, I said I wasn't bitter.

Alias

Leythos said:
It wasn't a national emergency, it's localized to a few areas in a few
states.

Please, pull the other one, it has bells on it.
So, you don't want to address it - why the Govonor, the responsible
person for the state, didn't call for help?

Who cares? People were dying and Bush was playing golf. He should have done
something. It wasn't like he didn't know that it was coming.
It's not like the government at the Fed level stops working when the
President goes on vacation or takes a dump - there are zillions of
people still working, still responsible, etc...

He had to give the order.
So, answer the question, unless you don't want to see your ranting
falling apart - why didn't the governor call for help sooner?

I have no idea. Why don't you ring him up and ask him?

Alias

jkb

One research problem you will run in to is that they tend
to be called gales in Britain instead of hurricanes or cyclones.

Quite a gale! In Alberta, their conterpart is the Chinook. I lived there for
quite a while.

Leythos

aka@ said:
Who cares? People were dying and Bush was playing golf. He should have done
something. It wasn't like he didn't know that it was coming.

And I was playing Counter Strike and even watched a movie during the
Hurricane - which means nothing.

People die all the time in the US, and the locals are responsible for
control/reaction. Until the Fed's are asked to intervene they are best
left out of it.

The failing of the local state government was the root cause of the
failure to control/resolve the situation - their failure to ask for
Federal help in a timely manner is clear.

kurttrail

Leythos said:
Since the fed have no mandate to provide funding for state projects,
would it not be the responsibility of the State? YES!

There is nothing that says the Fed's have to provide funding for local
state projects, and since the local government already knew about the
funding issue, it should have been planning. The levy breaking is not
the real issue, it could have happened if it was in good repair - the
real issue is the lack of planning for "what do we do WHEN the levy
fails" and has been an issue for 30 years. So, who are you bitter
about when the people responsible for the local issues were sitting
on their arses doing nothing.

The flood control responsibility of the Feds goes back more than 200
years.

The local gov'ts were victims of the storm. The Feds stood around AFTER
the storm, and let NO devolve into hell on earth.

No one is to blame for Hurricane Katrina, no amount of pre-storm
planning could have stopped the effects of a Cat 4 Hurricane. But the
Feds are responsible for their lack of response following the natural
disaster, and ultimately the buck stops in the Oval Office. And your
incompetant Vacationer-in-Chief strikes again!

--
Peace!
Kurt

kurttrail

Leythos said:
And if the responders were already there, and didn't bring any
supplies to help you, didn't bring any services, etc.. as they are
the local rescue group, anyone standing from a long distance would
not be blamed. If the local people don't call for help they won't get
it, and they didn't call for Military help for almost 2 days - and
you won't see a reputable report that shows the time-line that
includes the Military being officially asked for help before the
first two days was over.

Moron, the local governments were injured victims of the same accident
as I was. The Feds just sat back and watched while we all suffered, and
is claiming no one called 911!
I think you misunderstand my feelings on the devastation - I
completely feel sympathy and sorry for all of the losses, the
personal losses, the damage to the area and have already sent aid to
the groups I think will properly apply it. But, I don't hold the
Fed's responsible for not acting sooner, as the LOCAL STATE and LOCAL
government officials didn't call for it before the Levy broke. How
can you blame someone for not responding when they were not asked to
respond? If the state was suppose to have this planned for, setup
for, staged, I see no reason to intervene unless asked.

You deserve your incompetent Vacationer-in-Chief to help you out of a
natural disaster that also takes out you local gov'ts capacity to help
its citizens! And I hope I'm there to tell you that you got the Federal
response you deserved!

I hope you are a victim with a bunch of people standing around watching
and no calls 911, or lifts a finger to help you! That is YOUR KARMA.
Live with it, scumbag!

--

Leythos said:
And I was playing Counter Strike and even watched a movie during the
Hurricane - which means nothing.

People die all the time in the US, and the locals are responsible for
control/reaction. Until the Fed's are asked to intervene they are best
left out of it.

The failing of the local state government was the root cause of the
failure to control/resolve the situation - their failure to ask for
Federal help in a timely manner is clear.

Keep blaming the victims! Your Karma is to be victimized and to be
blamed for your victimization!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Leythos

Keep blaming the victims!

I didn't blame the victims, I blame the people responsible to the
victims that failed to plan for a disaster that was expected for at
least 30 years.

Rusty

"jkb" <nospam> wrote in message
|> One research problem you will run in to is that they tend
| > to be called gales in Britain instead of hurricanes or cyclones.
|
| Quite a gale! In Alberta, their conterpart is the Chinook. I lived there
for
| quite a while.

Yes, yes. I lived there also, at a nice cozy warm place called
Cold Lake. The worst problem I saw was an invasion of Army
caterpillars so thick the roads were like grease, and they covered
the houses, I mean completely. There was absolutely solid
coverage everwhere! :-(

jkb

Yes, yes. I lived there also, at a nice cozy warm place called
Cold Lake. The worst problem I saw was an invasion of Army
caterpillars so thick the roads were like grease, and they covered
the houses, I mean completely. There was absolutely solid
coverage everwhere! :-(

Oh! That sounds so nice and warm. I was in Lethbridge.

kurttrail

Leythos said:
I didn't blame the victims, I blame the people responsible to the
victims that failed to plan for a disaster that was expected for at
least 30 years.

Oh, and the state and local gov'ts emergency infrastructure wasn't hit
be Katrina too?!

The emergency responders of NO, Police & Fire Department, were as much
victims as the rest of citizens of NO!

And I've been through hurricanes, and it wasn't the local gov'ts that
brought in food and water, it was the FEMA! So if anyone's planning for
getting food and water out to the people of New Orleans that failed, it
was FEMAs! And that is an agency of the EXECUTIVE BRANCH of the Federal
Gov't, so that means ultimate responsibility lies in the Oval Office,
the present day Vacationer-in-Chief!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Kevin Brunt (fat b@astard)

Why is it that it is only the blacks who can't progress at all on this
planet? They get all the preferential treatment in terms of jobs,
benfits, and housing yet they are the poorest of poor in every country
of the world. Is it something to do with their brain? In fact they can
go to any university in the UK even if they don't have minimum entry
requirements and yet they have serious problems in life.

In UK, we have immigrants from India, the far east, eurpopeans from ex
communist countries and asians/indians from East Africa and all these
people just keep their mounths shut and get on with life with or without
aby help from the state. But this is not the case with blacks!!! Even
refugees from Iran and Iraq are doing well in free european countries.

There are some Councils in London (Lambeth, Southwark, Brent, Camden)
that are 100% run by Afro-caribean people (blacks) and they have the
largest frauds and mismanagement of state funds and taxes. They run
these councils like any other african country (banana republics) where
corruption and dishonesty is rife. Why can't they realise they if they
put their mind to something, they can be the most successful people on
this planet. Look at any sports where they are the most fittest and
record breakers and so earning the most prize money and sponsorships.
even in South America, it is the whites who are dominating the politics
not blacks!

Perhaps it is an attitude problem or that we have spoilt them by giving
them everything on a plate rather than making them work for everything.
Perhaps we are patronizing them to keep them dependent on us!! forever.

So american equality does not apply to unequal blacks!.

Kev (fat b@stard)
Head of CCS
Birkbeck College
http://www.bbk.ac.uk/ccs
London

Rusty

Kurt, try this...put your right hand on your right cheek, and your left
hand on your left cheek, and push like the devil to see if you can pop
your head out of your arse. Your thinking is so far from reality that
it's funny. Read this book to better your understanding of the real
nature of things: "100 People Who Are Screwing Up America".
If you can't afford it, I'll buy it for you.

kurttrail

Rusty said:
Kurt, try this...put your right hand on your right cheek, and your
left hand on your left cheek, and push like the devil to see if you
can pop your head out of your arse. Your thinking is so far from
reality that it's funny. Read this book to better your understanding
of the real nature of things: "100 People Who Are Screwing Up
America". If you can't afford it, I'll buy it for you.

Oh, I'm to blame for the Feds slow response! ROFL!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator