Just read this article

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I dont really see MSI doing much wrong here, most people overclock there graphics cards in all manor of ways. Ive increased my volts, clock speed and memory frequency on my current card, MSI are just doing what you'd do youself.

Reaction score
I think their point it however its clocked well beyond hardware spec

For something to run at almost 100% over regulated spec from sale price is a bit iffy

Now I've had loads of issues with Nvidia driver crashes and still do. They have only starting happenening since I installed this card in this new system using win7

So something is a miss somewhere

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I dont really see MSI doing much wrong here, most people overclock there graphics cards in all manor of ways. Ive increased my volts, clock speed and memory frequency on my current card, MSI are just doing what you'd do youself.

The difference is that MSI aren't giving you a choice, their card is locked to the higher voltage so if you experience crashes and/or other problems you're lumbered.

That's what MSI are doing wrong. And 9.3 volts on a chip designed to work on 5 volts is asking for trouble, imo.

If you overclock a graphics card yourself and experience problems, you can always wind it back to a stable state. If you have one of these 'rogue' MSI cards you're stuck with it.

I haven't cared for MSI since no less than two of their motherboards failed on me around eight or nine years ago.

And TXD - I can't rremember the precise details of your problem history but I'd say the only way you can positively prove your card is faulty is by substitution, use another card over an extended period. If that proves stable, suspect your current card.

It's unlikely to be an Nvidia driver problem in your instance as you've used so many different drivers and have experienced the problem each time. If you have an MSI 660 series, well...

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Looks like MSI are going to take a battering to there reputation over this!

Reaction score
Yeah my thoughts too flopps

If it continues I may well RMA it and demand a different model

Ask a Question