just paranoid or legit???

G

I recently looked at me event viewer and found a anonymous user had log on and off multiple times. I just got spybot and zone alarm, found a ton of crap in my computer. when I run zone alarm I have too allow generic host process w32 on or I cannot get online. Please help, very new in computer world.

L

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Did you see this happening from *before* you installed Zone Alarm?
What antivirus software do you have? Update it and run a full scan.

J

Jerry

www.lavasoftusa.com and get Ad Aware to also remove stuff you don't want.

Gregg said:
I recently looked at me event viewer and found a anonymous user had log on
and off multiple times. I just got spybot and zone alarm, found a ton of
crap in my computer. when I run zone alarm I have too allow generic host
process w32 on or I cannot get online. Please help, very new in computer
world.

G

Lanwench yes I noticed my computer was slow and it wes makung funny noises, like a dog scratching itself. I use Norton Anti Virus2003 I have it set up to live update. I recently ran it and found nothing, so I tried Rav online and it found a infected file ( C:\Documents and Settings\gregg\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\36JX1PFJ\mydoom[1].htm->(IFRAME0004) - Exploit:HTML/Snapper.A.gen* -> Infected ) once I ran SPYBOT it was gone. I just upgraded my ZONE ALARM, and I cannot access the net without letting "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services" have permission, is this ok? I also had a look at my event viewer and I get alot of these, is this ok? Thx hope to here from you soon. Event Type: Success Audi
Event Source: Securit
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 54
Date: 3/29/200
Time: 3:01:20 P
User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGO
Computer: ********
Description
Successful Network Logon
User Name:
Domain:
Logon ID: (0x0,0x20BCD
Logon Type:
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTL
Workstation Name:
Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

Ask a Question