Java VM won't install

G

I've tried to download Sun's VM but keep getting the message: Invalid transform path. Both Sun's VM and the JIT Compiler boxes are ticked in Advance Options (but it happens even if just one is ticked) and I've tried deleting the Java 2 runtime environment SE v.1.4.2_03 in Add/Remove in order to try and install it again but the runtime environment won't uninstall. I'm running XP Professional and have IE6 and this problem seems to have happened ever since I downloaded XP Service Pack 1a (although Microsoft say this SP has no effect on VM). Does anyone please have any idea how I can overcome this installation problem, other than by re-formatting

With thanks
BLUEMERCEDES

G

I had a similar problem after installing afresh full version of XP. Make sure your firewall is turned off. This worked for me. On the Java sun web site it will also give you a list of settings in your Tools/advanced tab so that your new Java works well. Give it a try. Andy

Ask a Question