Reaction score
Java 1.5.0_07 released

Release Notes Link
JavaTM 2 Platform Standard Edition Development Kit 5.0 Update 7
(JDK 5.0 Update 7)
Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Solaris Operating Systems

Download Page

Installation/Update Instructions

The following procedure is strongly encouraged to remove older version Java components:

• Close any open programs you may have running, especially your web browser
  • Click Start > Control Panel (Depending on your OS or configuration, you may have to click Start > Settings > Control Panel)
  • Open Add or Remove Programs (If you have Windows 98 or Windows 2000, open Add/Remove Programs)
  • Click once on any item listing Java Runtime Environment in the name. (Not every version of Java will begin with "Java" so be sure to read each entry in the list)
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button
  • Follow steps 4 and 5 as many times as necessary to remove all versions of Java
  • Search 'Programs' and 'Application Data' and remove old version files manually.

*C:\Program Files\

*C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\
  • Reboot your PC once all Java components have been removed
  • Proceed with reinstalling Java by going to http://www.java.com/en/ and install the latest version from the website.
  • Then reboot your system again to finalize the process.
See this thread at BBR (Winfixer/ Vundo / Virtumonde Victims : Please Read) by CalamityJane and update Sun Java on your PC, uninstalling the prior versions if they are present. Even if you have the current version of Sun Java, check Add/Remove programs for any older versions and uninstall them. Reminder:But please don't vote if you have not been infected with Vundo We're trying to educate folks, too but Steve would like to get an idea of what versions were running on current/previously infected with Vundo/Winfixer PCs only

Enjoy! :)

mucks comment ...
If, like me, you don't really need Java or just hate those silly Jave enabled websites, then do as I have ... uninstall Java, and ... leave it un-installed. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ta, I'll update mine :D

You know, I really wish MS was allowed to just keep it embedded as it was before - it was so much easier! :p

Ask a Question