jagged margins for text

G

In my Word 2000 document, I try to insert a company logo, which was created as a regular font for our company, but is not a True Type nor a Type 1 font.

The problem I have is when I send out this document to other people, into the word file - and also its corresponding converted to PDF file - the font is automatically replaced with another font (because the other people do not have this font installed on their computer. So, I tried to go with a wmf file which contains the logo text in Corel Draw, and insert it as a picture in Word. But it seems that the wmf file still contains that font, so the logo is displayed incorrectly (it is replaced again with another font).
I also tried to convert that font to curves in Corel, and save it as a wmf. The font (that now actually becomes an image) is displayed correctly as a shape, but looks jagged when printed in word.

Has anybody any idea how to deal with jagged margins for this text ? Any help much appreciated.
Thank you,

Dodane

W

Word Heretic

G'day Dodane <[email protected]>,

USe EMF instead of WMF. WMF has problems with bowls.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic
Want a hyperlinked index? S/W R&D? See WordHeretic.com

steve from wordheretic.com (Email replies require payment)

Dodane reckoned:

G

Hi Word Heretic,

I tried the emf instead of a wmf, but now the characters are also a little bit distorted.
The solution I found working for this logo is to export the logo from Corel as a gif, and insert it into the Word document as a picture. It works well enough when the size of the logo is small in Word. For larger size, the wmf works better. I guess I have to combine these two methods with regard to the logo's size.
I am not sure though if I am going into the right direction....

Thank you for your help !...

Dodane

Ask a Question