I've just ordered....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
...One of these! :D

Delivery tomorrow.

MO-100-SA_400.jpg

- Viewable Area: 24” Widescreen (1920x1200 Resolution)
- Interface: Analog / Digital
- Response Time: 5ms
- 16.7M Colours
- Contrast Ratio: 20,000:1
- Viewing Angle (H/V): 170°/ 160°
- Brightness: 300cd/m2
- Height Adjustable stand with tilt & swivel
- 3 Years On-Site Warranty with Samsung

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-100-SA&groupid=17&catid=510&subcat=

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very nice :D I'm using a 22" monitor and it makes a huge difference compared to working on a 17"... Gaming is even better!

I noticed it said that the response time was 5ms - I'd be interested to know how it stacks up in fast paced games, as I'm guessing that's why you got it :D

Enjoy :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No alas Megan Fox is not part of the deal... Almost a deal breaker tbh... :(

Well im upgrading from the Samsung 2232BW 22"
http://www.samsung.com/ae/consumer/...rs&subtype=lcdmonitor&model_cd=LS22PEBSFV/XSG

Still a fine monitor most defiantly. But had it a year or so and want a change.

That had a 2ms response time, but i cant see 5ms and 2ms being any different let alone noticeable, at least i hope not! Heres a quote from TFT Central, a good source of info about screens.
Q. Should I Be Worried About Ghosting?

A. Generally nowadays with all the 5ms, 4ms and 2ms models available, ghosting is just not an issue for the majority of users. Choosing a TFT can commonly be based on design and looks, price and any extra features you might need. The fast response times of the panels used now are perfectly adequate to cut out pretty much all obvious ghosting and blurring, even in fast paced games. There are still some users who find the move from CRT screens to TFT a difficult change, but more and more users are switching over. With improving technologies being used, motion blur is becoming less of an issue.
Main reason for getting it was the fact i want more screen real estate! :)

This is the beginning of my major upgrade to I7 etc. I'll let you know how it is tomorrow, with pics too. . :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ye i toyed with the idea of a 26", but thought that maybe a little too big, and its still the same res as the 24". (1920x1200)

Good price though!

Reaction score
Yes it is but it's that price for a reason....No DVI only D-sub what a pain. The next one up has DVI, HDMI and Analogue but it's an extra £80 I couldnt justify that cost so will probs settle for a 24 like yaself :)

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/159339

Madd innit mow much a couple of connector's can make a difference to a price

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Yes it is but it's that price for a reason....No DVI only D-sub what a pain. The next one up has DVI, HDMI and Analogue but it's an extra £80 I couldnt justify that cost so will probs settle for a 24 like yaself :)

It has DVI and D-Sub, just no HDMI :) As far as I can tell anyway.

Reaction score
I just checked that 26", on specs for first link I posted it says it only has Analogue?!

Or are you talking about yours?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
I just checked that 26", on specs for first link I posted it says it only has Analogue?!

Or are you talking about yours?

Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about the one from the initial post :blush:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/159339

Madd innit mow much a couple of connector's can make a difference to a price
Not bad, shame its 1920x1080 i'd rather 1920x1200.

Shame the other one dont have DVI either.

Looking forward to this time tomorrow. :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just checked my order history with OcUK...

I got this 2232BW on11 Sep, 07!

It dont seem like 2 years ago!! Just realised that makes my pc (Bar the 285 and a couple of other little bits) 2.5 years old! Better move that upgrade forward! lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well...

I have a Samsung 2232BW 22" monitor, the same as the one you're replacing, I use it with the computer in the bedroom.

More than 18 months ago I replaced it with a monitor similar to the one you're buying, the 245B, which is now discontinued.

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-SM2...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1253814915&sr=8-3

And after all this time, I much prefer the 22" 2232BW, much better pic.

I think the further you go up the size scale, the more you have to have top specs, the top range Samsungs and Dells come to mind. But they cost a helluva lot more.

I'm thinking of using the 24" 245B with my media machine as a temporary television and replacing it with something different, may even go back to a 22" monitor.

Just telling it like it is and I've had a long time using both to reach this conclusion.

I sincerely hope you are very happy with your new monitor :)

Reaction score
I love the Dell monitors, so neat and slimline. The bezels are incredibly thin which makes them so pleasing to the eye imo. Great to put side by side for multi displays

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well it arrived today and is all set up, and its awesome!!!! :D :D

Some pics, although they dont do the size of it justice tbh..

Was a huge box...

2dujh8g.jpg

The old monitor...

2jg8klc.jpg

The New one...

111rq1d.jpg

After Calibration, tweaking and general messing around!

106a7bm.jpg

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, No mate, i'm always real tidy. Like OCD or something lmao. :D

Ask a Question