It's been fun!

Tom Willett

And it's all gonna be one big cluster ----.
I truly pity the average user who tries to use this.

--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
---------------------------
: Forums are: Answers, MSDN, Technet and Expression - that's 4.
: Answers is one system, the others are different sections of a second
system - so that's 2 platforms.
:
: There are two NNTP bridges:
:
: The first gives access to MSDN, Technet and Expression, the second is for
Answers.
:
: --
: Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
: http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
: This nesgroup is closing - see
: http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/newsgroup-closure.aspx
:
: After serious thinking Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote :
: > It's confusing the heck outta me, so far it
: > looks like there's 3 separate forum systems?
: > Answers, Social, MSDN ??
:
: > --
: > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: > Rob Giordano
: > Microsoft MVP Expression Web
:
:
:
:
:
:
: > "Tom Willett" <[email protected]>
: > wrote in message
: > : >> No rhyme or reason.
: >>
: >> -- Tom [Pepper] Willett
: >> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: >> ---------------------------
: >> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]"
: >> message
: >> : >> : And good luck finding answers to FP stuff
: >> when they've clumped it in
: >> with;
: >> : PhotoDraw, FrontPage, and Works...oye!
: >> > They may as well throw
: >> microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign in there
: >> too.
: >> :
: >> : jeez
: >> :
: >> > -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: >> : Rob Giordano
: >> : Microsoft MVP Expression Web
: >> :
: >> :
: >> :
: >> :
: >> :
: >> :
: >> : "Tom Willett" <[email protected]>
: >> wrote in message
: >> :
: >> : >> : >
: >> > > > Anyone who has been using NNTP groups
: >> in preference to web forums
: >> will
: >> : > : be having serious thoughts about the
: >> amount of time they will using.
: >> > > > It's so much more efficient to use one
: >> NNTP client than navigating
: >> web
: >> : > : multiple web forums.
: >> : > :
: >> : > : Steve
: >> : > :
: >> > > Agreed. Not only is special registration
: >> and sign in needed, it will
: >> be
: >> a
: >> : > quagmire to try and find groups and
: >> navigate through them.
: >> : >
: >> : > And, MS is going to have 2 bridges now,
: >> instead of one, for those who
: >> want
: >> : > to use a NNTP newsreader. Good luck with
: >> that.
: >> : >
: >> : >
: >> > > -- Tom [Pepper] Willett
: >> : > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: >> : > ---------------------------
: >> > > > -- Neural Planner Software Ltd
: >> www.NPSL1.com
: >> : > : EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus.
: >> www.easynn.com
: >> : > : SwingNN. Forecast with Neural
: >> Networks. www.swingnn.com
: >> : > : JustNN. Just Neural Networks.
: >> www.justnn.com
: >> : >
: >> : >
: >> :
: >>
: >>
:
: --
: Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
: http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
: This nesgroup is closing - see
: http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/newsgroup-closure.aspx
:
:

Karl E. Peterson

Tom said:
And it's all gonna be one big cluster ----.
I truly pity the average user who tries to use this.

Especially given only mercenaries will be providing "answers."

The bar's just too high for altruism to win out.

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Ah well then that makes it sooooo much simpler fro all !
Jeez....who designed this boat?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

wrote in message
No rhyme or reason.

-- Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
---------------------------
"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]"
message
: And good luck finding answers to FP stuff
when they've clumped it in
with;
: PhotoDraw, FrontPage, and Works...oye!
They may as well throw
microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign in there
too.
:
: jeez
:
-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Rob Giordano
: Microsoft MVP Expression Web
:
:
:
:
:
:
: "Tom Willett" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
:
: >
Anyone who has been using NNTP groups
in preference to web forums
will
: > : be having serious thoughts about the
amount of time they will using.
It's so much more efficient to use one
NNTP client than navigating
web
: > : multiple web forums.
: > :
: > : Steve
: > :
: > ---------------------------
-- Neural Planner Software Ltd
www.NPSL1.com
: > : EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus.
www.easynn.com
: > : SwingNN. Forecast with Neural
Networks. www.swingnn.com
: > : JustNN. Just Neural Networks.
www.justnn.com
: >
: >
:

--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
This nesgroup is closing - see
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/newsgroup-closure.aspx

Joe

Thanks for the kind words about the forum Tina!

While there isn't much I can do about a NNTP newsgroup format, I can at
least offer up the web forum format for anyone that would like to ask (and
especially answer) any questions.

Anyone that would like to participate.... come on over! :)

--
Best,
Joe

FrontPage and Expression Web Forums:
http://www.timeforweb.com/frontpage/forum/default.asp

Joe

Hi Tom,

I know most people posting in NNTP don't really like the web forum formats.
Personally I like *some* of them but not all. What I really don't understand
about the MS web forums is that it is almost as if they have been
intentionally designed to be difficult. From a usability, navigation, and
speed standpoint they are probably some of the worst I have ever seen. You
will see me on lots of forums across the web...but not so much the MS ones
until or unless they are improved dramatically.

--
Best,
Joe

FrontPage and Expression Web Forums:
http://www.timeforweb.com/frontpage/forum/default.asp

Tina Clarke

Your welcome Joe its the only forum I know of that will cover fp and ew is
moderated well and the questions get answered.

(not withstanding I admin a forum elsewhere but i get no help (or contact)
from the owner so don't feel the need to work hard at something that
benefits someone else... they shall remain nameless sigh)

I do maintain my own lists for frontpage and expression web and since its a
steady family of users .... its much more comfortable I find. There is also
a specific fp genealogy one i know of and another list which is as old as
mine and another good expression web list but its google based and i find
the interface clunky ... mine are yahoo based and can be email or interface
based. For those that like lists here they are.

Cheryl Wise and ex mvp James Huggins as mods plus two others Martha and
Steven)
Pat Geary as mod)
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gearyfamily/expression-web/list.html
(pat geary owns - i mod)
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gearyfamily/frontpage/
(pat geary owns - i mod)
http://groups.google.com/group/by-expression-web-designer/ (Cheryl Wise
owns - i mod)

Tina
Contest to WIN Expression Web 3.0 18th - 31st May
Make a simple 404 page design - you don't have implement it.
http://www.expression-web.net/expression-web-404-contest/
Extended to 6th June closing date