It's back ... just in time for summer

Reaction score
:eek: That does look quite legitimate :nod:

Why don't they just drain the stupid loch so they can actually find it.

:D

Reaction score
It's an Otter or Seal moving fast.
What next Shergar ridden by Lord Lucan on the 3.20 at Newmarket?

Reaction score
You do know how big the loch is?

To me Nessie is fake and has been for many years.

Something this big would come up for air alot of times.

So what is Nessie eating people ask?

Funny dinosaurs die out millons of years ago, but people still think there something there.

How come other sea life like giant crocodile never made it.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
feckit said:
It's an Otter or Seal moving fast.
What next Shergar ridden by Lord Lucan on the 3.20 at Newmarket?

Are you giving odd's on them appearing or winning ?? :p

Reaction score
Well was it not the Sunday Sport that offered odds that Nessie, Lord Lucan & Shergar would all be found & at the same time together, of course the paper could have been telling porkies?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Wait wait.... what is Lord lucan and Shergar?
never heard of them mind you :D

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
michael555 said:
You do know how big the loch is?

To me Nessie is fake and has been for many years.

Something this big would come up for air alot of times.

So what is Nessie eating people ask?

Funny dinosaurs die out millons of years ago, but people still think there something there.

How come other sea life like giant crocodile never made it.

Think what you will but here we have Ogopogo which is a relative of Nessie and although I have no clue of what it is or what it eats I did see it once about twenty years ago.

Not surprising people get skeptical as humans have a tendency to think they know it all when in reality there are tons of species yet to be found and identified.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I have to agree with Spezi - although I've not shared his experience of seeing any of these animals - but why shouldn't they exist? Marine biologists are discovering "new" or rather, extremely old species, all the time - the coelocanth for example (which first turned-up in a fisherman's catch in 1938, although it was formerly believed to be extinct. Interesting website here.)

Obviously there would have been a few enterprising folk who have tried to cash-in on the Nessie phenomenon over the years, but equally, there are some perfectly reasonable people who claim to have witnessed the movements of these animals, many of whom have never sought fame or notoriety on the strength of it.

I understand that Ness is a particularly large Loch, which is also extremely deep. A book we once read (sorry but cannot remember it's title now) spoke of it's abundance of fish-life, particularly salmon, so I'm guessing that Nessie wouldn't go short of food. There was also a suggestion that there are some underground waterways which link Loch Ness with the North Sea. So maybe Loch Ness is Nessie's "summer retreat" from she and her family's home somewhere out at sea...? ;)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Well said Taffycat....nicely put..forget mucks , he`s just trying to get more of our money into his little country in preparence of united domination..

I mean Gordon Brown for Prime Minister..pull the udder one :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Rush said:
Well said Taffycat....nicely put..forget mucks , he`s just trying to get more of our money into his little country in preparence of united domination..

I mean Gordon Brown for Prime Minister..pull the udder one :)
:rolleyes:

If it were not for the traitors & turncoats there would be NO England, we let you off the hook. :p

:lol:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Good old England...too much money , offer it and everyone else turns traitor..

:)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
:eek: That does look quite legitimate
nod.gif

Why don't they just drain the stupid loch so they can actually find it.

:D

Then Scotland would lose many millions in revenue from tourism due to nessie..and its not like its the size of a swimming pool...Its Huge and very deep..:nod:

Looks like a very large Pike to me trawling for a bite to eat, they do that from time to time...

Good footage though and well worthy of keeping the legend alive...:D

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:

I understand that Ness is a particularly large Loch, which is also extremely deep. A book we once read (sorry but cannot remember it's title now) spoke of it's abundance of fish-life, particularly salmon, so I'm guessing that Nessie wouldn't go short of food. There was also a suggestion that there are some underground waterways which link Loch Ness with the North Sea. So maybe Loch Ness is Nessie's "summer retreat" from she and her family's home somewhere out at sea...? ;)

Okanagan Lake where I am has similar attributes in that it is approximately 100 kilometers in length and very deep. Not sure exactly on the depth but over 250 meters in places at least.

It is also abundant with landlocked fresh water salmon called kokanee.

It does not connect to the ocean though.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Spezi said:
Okanagan Lake where I am has similar attributes in that it is approximately 100 kilometers in length and very deep. Not sure exactly on the depth but over 250 meters in places at least.

It is also abundant with landlocked fresh water salmon called kokanee.

It does not connect to the ocean though.

That does sound pretty huge Spezi :nod: is that where you had your sighting of Ogopogo? It would be really interesting to hear more about your experience, if you don't mind telling? :)

Ask a Question