is windows vista license cover windows xp license

is windows vista license cover windows x

i install windows xp in my pc and i have windows vits license so i wonder ,is
vista license cover windows xp license ? and if so how can i manage this
process ?is it install windows xp and then do wat to become legal?

Rick Rogers

Hi,

I think you are referring to downgrade rights? If your Vista license came
from a manufacturer, then you need to contact them to see if they offer this
(some do, some do not). If you have a retail copy of Vista, then it begs the
question of why you bought it instead of XP (which is still commonly
available)? In any case, to install XP you will need an appropriate product
key, as the one you have for Vista can not be used to install or activate
XP.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"is windows vista license cover windows x" <is windows vista license cover
news:[email protected]...

Slap

Rick Rogers said:
Hi,

I think you are referring to downgrade rights? If your Vista license came
from a manufacturer, then you need to contact them to see if they offer
this (some do, some do not). If you have a retail copy of Vista, then it
begs the question of why you bought it instead of XP (which is still
commonly available)? In any case, to install XP you will need an
appropriate product key, as the one you have for Vista can not be used to
install or activate XP.

I've not seen any copies of XP in my area for many, many months. This would
be your typical shopping spot at a local Big Box retailer. Lots of Vista
copies tho. Most people wouldn't think of stopping by their local corner
computer store to see if they have XP.

Of course anyone buying a computer now... say for Christmas, well they all
come with Vista pre-installed. So you see XP is not commonly available at
all.

Rick Rogers

Hi,

XP is very available at a multitude of online retailers and finding a copy
for sale takes less than 30 seconds, even on dial up. As you stated, it is
also available at most any pc shop. The big-box guys, yeh they only sell
what marketing sends them, but if you wanted a '69 Mustang, would you go to
the Ford dealer and buy a new one hoping that you can exchange it for what
you really want later?

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

forty-nine

Slap said:
I've not seen any copies of XP in my area for many, many months. This
would be your typical shopping spot at a local Big Box retailer. Lots of
Vista copies tho. Most people wouldn't think of stopping by their local
corner computer store to see if they have XP.

Of course anyone buying a computer now... say for Christmas, well they all
come with Vista pre-installed. So you see XP is not commonly available at
all.

Try Best Buy.
It's at EVERY single store.