Is Vista RTM Delayed

John Barnett MVP

I should hope it has been delayed. IMHO Vista is no way ready for RTM .

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

mail/post..

SAM-R

MS has commitments with their Volume License Partners. Vista needs to RTM by
the end of Oct. so MS can ship Enterprise be the middle of Nov.

RR Johnson Jr

Between build 5744 RC2 and RTM there are about 500 bugs, possibly more that
need to be resolved before Microsoft gives the green light. If that means a
week or two delay that is fine but that could cause some issues with the
OEMs who would like to build some releasable PCs for X-mas using Vista. I am
inclined to believe that Microsoft will release Vista when it is ready.
They'll make another delay if they feel they need to do so.

regards
Robert

Chad Harris

Ahh RTM--I know what this means-- so I can really help you. Released to
Millions right??? Like those slides I have here from MSFT projecting RTM
and how much migration to Vista how fast. Oh boy; I can finally make a post
that helps someone here in the fast lane of Windoz users.

It is very difficult to keep up with all of this buzz with everything going
on in the world. Also MSFT has I suppose succeeded to a degree since
basically if you're sitting in a small biz or at home or a home user with a
biz at home, trying to guess RTM it's not going to influence you that
much--except to realize that your deals on computers dual core, quad core,
etc. will get hotter and better toward the turn of the year.

Check out www.extremetech.com for excellent articles to help your learning
curves as you salivate and plan for this lucious new hardware to make ole
Vista and Longhorn Server smoke from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds. Dual Core, Quad
Core 4MHz on the floor baby. Rock on. 1000 GB hard drives all over one wall
or bust. Get you some power --it's a little like soupin' up those street
rods in your garage back in the day.

Doesn't this go right on point to the mud wrestling event between Jim
Allchin and Kevin Pansky as to when Vista RTMs (Releases to Millions) on the
Redmond Campus in front of Building 26 with Paul Donnelly and House Mommy
Wendy J. Stidmon officiating?

I think that Sven Hauller, MSFT's Director of Windows Release Management
and Tom Delay will be at this intensely festive event as the official
marshalls catered by Smirnoff and Seattle's own Starbucks--Latte for
Yupsters and Bupsters who used to wear madras skirts:

www.savvy-chick.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=13948&sid=c5b94c92416d506791c1b6d586fdf788

Sven Hallauer
www.mstechtoday.com/2006/10/20/podcast-sven-hallauer-on-windows-vista/

Sven Hallauer on Build Numbers in Windows Vista
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Build-Numbers-in-Windows-Vista-34615.shtml

shellrevealed.com/blogs/externalnews/archive/2006/10/20/Podcast_3A00_-Sven-Hallauer-on-Windows-Vista.aspx

Dress Rehearsal for the Vista RTM parties at Redmond (Tips and Tricks to
Vista Partying) (two versions):

I was wondering if since these components are going to decide an election in
my country, the United or Divided States of America in 2 weeks, home of
Obamamania and where pitchers now train to pitch a computer generated pitch
called the cork screw as the World Series is upon us, they can be used to
help all these very bright people here get some objective resolution and
cloture to Vista RTM.

1) Remember when you had the concept of gerrymandering in high school--it's
being very much deployed in your state to determine elections of your
Congressmen and Senators (if in the US).

2) I know you're a bit interested in computers and guess what? The Diebold
voting and other computer voting machines can be hacked within minutes by
the MIT, Princeton and other compter science grad students and profs with no
paper trial.

So I believe we can use these two concepts in a computer paradigm or
algorithm like the google alogrithms to come up with an answer to this
burning RTM question.

I have taken the liberty using my skills as a self appointed Google Master
MVP to do the following Google:

Tom Delay Vista Delay

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Tom+Delay+Vista+Delay&btnG=Google+Search

Check out an example of my productive hits here. I am not sure if Google
is part of the Windows OS but I'm going door to door to see if any of my
neighbors can help me out with this concept.

Former Congressman Tom DeLay To Help Debug Microsoft Vista ... Former
Congressman Tom DeLay To Help Debug Microsoft Vista - Technology - Avant
News - Tomorrow's News Today! Offers ironic and satirical commentary on the
www.avantnews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=261 - 47k -

If you're in an enterprise large biz, then soon your company will have keys.

I don't know if this helps at all but Tom Delay is now on the ballot for
Congress and he is facing a trial in Texas.

Jack Abramoff has been given his own unprescedented desk and office as he
assumes his role as the Uber snitch for the FBI and is there about 4 hours a
day.

Ralph Reed former MSFT lobbyist at $27,000 per year until Balmer fired him
when it hit the Seattle and other papers was right in the center of this.

Susan Ralston, former Abramoff Admin Assistant and Assistant to President
under Karl Rove was forced to resign on Friday at 4PM two weeks ago after a
report revealed she had gotten Abramoff into the White House 465 times and
was on tapes mediating deals.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=white+house++susan+fired+abramoff

I'm reasoning since Tom Delay was the glue that held this together, you
might contact him on the Vista RTM delay and we can put an end to these
serial posts on Vista RTM delay.

Whatcha think?

It's not loose association is it?

Right now we have two opposing and extremely powerful forces.

1) Jim Allchin who has said RTM is not happening Wednesday--repeatedly. It
has been said that Mr. Allchin could change the Vista start button to a
picture of his dog if he so desired. Jim trained at Georgia Tech for his
PhD in Computer Science.

2) Jim Allchin's Boss Kevin Pansky, Windows Platform Mogol FYI who says it
is. Kevin trained on Grand Theft Auto San Andreas extensively FYI and wrote
his thesis in the use of a car trunk during these scenarios FYI.

It's my understanding that at noon today Redmond time, a mud wrestling event
will take place between Allchin and Pansky to determine which course is
being stayed.

There are however, dress rehearsals for the Vista RTM parties taking place
and you can view them here:

Vista Tips and Tricks Site--Check it Out Dudess or Dude or if you're
both/neither/in transition:
http://www.windowsvistatnt.com/

Dress Rehearsal for the Vista RTM parties at Redmond (Tips and Tricks to
Vista Partying) (two versions):

Windows Licensing: The Price of Success by MVP/Developer Robert McLaws
http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/robert/archive/2006/08/11/16576.aspx

Windows Licensing Articles by Robert McLaws on Windows Now:
http://www.windows-now.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=licensing

Response to Vista Eula:
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_licensing_reply.asp

Additionally the Vista EULA abuses the user.

October 19, 2006
"Forbidding Vistas: Windows licensing disserves the user "
http://wendy.seltzer.org/blog/archi...tas_windows_licensing_disserves_the_user.html

by Wendy Selzer, EFF Staff Attorney

http://www.eff.org/

From Ed Bott at http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=84

Good luck and enjoy the RTM to the fullest--have a joint Madame Speaker
First Woman Speaker of the House in the History of US RTM Tea Partay and
Senators Maria Cantwell and Patty Murray from Washington State keep stayin'
the course with none of your family there--it's rockin' and very successful
in Iraq--83 US soldiers down this month as of this morning. Rock on.

I am happy to contribute to this burning issue as effectively as I can.

CH

Homer J. Simpson

Chad,

How much time do you spend each day writing all that crap? Are you actually
employed?

Chad Harris

Why Homer. Thanks for asking. Im happy to help. And every morning I get
up and think how can I make the psudonymynous Homer Simpson Windoz Ace
Supreme happy noted for his insightful and substantive posts. How does the
Vista RTM delay impact your workplace Homer? What is it?

1) Yes. These things are portable are haven't you heard? Tabs, Origamis,
mini pcs, etc.
2) It's a job you couldn't get or begin to handle nor get admitted to the
schools and programs to get there are the odds.
3) 15 seconds doing some of what I do would have your pants wet and have you
running for the exits hoping someone else would pick it up.
4) It takes me very little time for a post like that one. It took just a
bit more time for the one guiding someone to install /or dual boot Vista a
few minutes ago. See: "Keeping my XP Partition while Installing Vista"

Homer your boss lets you read this while performing your demanding job
right? Or you work other hours. Can your boss and his boss dance to those
Utube videos? Put a link up to that?

Dress Rehearsal for the Vista RTM parties at Redmond (Tips and Tricks to
Vista Partying) (two versions):

What is Homer's boss's name? Charles Montgomery Burns

http://www.bodo.com/simpsons/simptriv.htm

Can ya dance to that Vista Dress rehearsal and maybe you could put it up on
Utube and link here?

Thanks for pointing out I should be answering to ya. Always a pleasure.

CH

Homer J. Simpson

I suppose if you're always[*] as incoherent as in the post above, then
anybody could write a couple of pages worth of nothing in a very short
amount of time. I'm beginning to understand how you manage to do it.

[*] I don't know, any time a message is over 2 or 3KB in size, I tend not to
even read it.

Chad Harris

Homer there are a lot of contributers in here and any idiot can whip out
their little tool and try to whiz on someone with schoolboy epithets but
right now a search is not showing much from you as to actually using
hardware, software, Vista or any software with it. Holding back?

I know I help people fix things from day to day. You--I doubt it. I'd look
in the mirror as to where to channel your efforts in promoting coherence,
clarity, and most of all efficacy.

CH

Chad Harris

With all due respect to the interest groundswelling over Vista RTM--how can
the RTM date given everything in the equation really make much difference to
anyone on a home basis/small business basis at this point. I don't mean
that the prospect of going to Vista might not be important, but if you're
not an enterprise you already have as close to Vista RTM with RC2 or a TAP
build that you're going to get--save some "fit and polish changes, some new
icons, some Aurora swoosh wallpaper none of which has anything to do with
altering how you're using RC1 or RC2 right now and as to 3rd party
compatibility that's not at this point substantially up to MSFT--it's up to
the butt draggers in 3rd party land.

How is its range of possible dates at this point going to alter anyone's
planning for Home or Small Business? It's not going to alter your ability
to get it significantly.

CH

Kevin Young

Hopefully MS will not get bad press for going to RTM late. I personally see
the delay as a positive sign that MS is working to eliminate bugs rather
than rushing it out the door bugs and all.

Homer J. Simpson

Homer there are a lot of contributers in here and any idiot can whip out
their little tool and try to whiz on someone with schoolboy epithets but
right now a search is not showing much from you as to actually using
hardware, software, Vista or any software with it. Holding back?

If I don't have anything constructive to say, I simply STFU. I just don't
wish to partake in some of the pointless ranting (and yeah, I do realize the
irony in even responding to this). Mostly, I lurk--Kevin, for one, has been
a great source of entertainment.

And since you care so deeply, I've been using Vista (forced upon me) as my
primary development environment at the office for the past couple of months.
I'm just so underwhelmed by it all that I don't spend any more time with
this OS than I need to, and I've kept it off my home machines. This is a
first for me, as I've been tinkering with Windows betas since 95. I don't
see the point in being more active in this newsgroup than I otherwise would
if I actually liked Vista.

And if you're going to compare past histories, I should point out that
you've been spewing an awful lot more pointless rants and generally wasting
bandwidth than I have. I don't see how that puts you in any better light or
somehow makes you "the better contributor" in this newsgroup. I don't see
newsgroups as being a medium for my personal crusade against the evil
empire.
I know I help people fix things from day to day. You--I doubt it. I'd
look in the mirror as to where to channel your efforts in promoting
coherence, clarity, and most of all efficacy.

How coherent is launching into political tirades in a beta OS newsgroup?
Review some of your own posts; look at the endless URLs you're posting
repeatedly...geez, are you for real?

William

How many years is Vista late now? A few days should not matter. I bet, for how delayed Vista is, that Microsoft could have written a completely new operating system, perhaps based on Unix (like OS X and thereby saving even more time) and had it out by now.

William
Hopefully MS will not get bad press for going to RTM late. I personally see
the delay as a positive sign that MS is working to eliminate bugs rather
than rushing it out the door bugs and all.

gclark

Homer said:
[...]

He is for real alright. A real a-hole. Smug one at that.

progressive realization

their pride is too big to go to unix....

How many years is Vista late now? A few days should not matter. I bet, for how delayed Vista is, that Microsoft could have written a completely new operating system, perhaps based on Unix (like OS X and thereby saving even more time) and had it out by now.

William
Hopefully MS will not get bad press for going to RTM late. I personally see
the delay as a positive sign that MS is working to eliminate bugs rather
than rushing it out the door bugs and all.

Mike

"progressive realization" <-> wrote in message
their pride is too big to go to unix....

Not to mention that "going to Unix" would be completely pointless AND stupid
AND kill backwards compatibility AND be a huge step backwards.

Mike