From: "Microsoft" <[email protected]> | This is spam
| Add to Address Book
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Use this patch immediately !

Dear friend , use this Internet Explorer patch now!
There are dangerous virus in the Internet now!
More than 500.000 already infected!

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Rich;
NO!
This has been around a short while.
The attachment is most likely a virus.
Delete the Email and attachment immediately.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/news/patch_hoax.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/policy/swdist.asp

Microsoft sends security updates but NEVER with attachments.

On the rare occasion Microsoft sends a file, you would be expecting it
in advance and know exactly what it is.

Install an antivirus application.
Update your antivirus weekly.
Run it weekly.
Install or enable a firewall:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283673

Nicholas

Rich --

Some devious person is "spoofing" Microsoft. The email message is
not from Microsoft and should be deleted immediately!

Please take a moment to read the following article:

Information on Bogus Microsoft Security Bulletin E-mails
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/news/patch_hoax.asp

--
Nicholas

| I keep getting this e-mail repeatedly. Is this legit. I
| haven't opened the attachment that is included and have
| been deleting it. I've tried blocking it but no luck.
| I'm no computer expert.

| From: "Microsoft" <[email protected]> | This is spam
| | Add to Address Book
| To: (e-mail address removed)
| Subject: Use this patch immediately !
|

| Dear friend , use this Internet Explorer patch now!
| There are dangerous virus in the Internet now!
| More than 500.000 already infected!

Alex

No it's a con. Microsoft don't send out emails of this
nature. If you can't block then just keep deleting it.