Is this legit? Microsoft Security

BRIDGES Transition

From: "Microsoft"
Subject: Use this patch immediately !

Dear friend , use this Internet Explorer patch now!
There are dangerous virus in the Internet now!
More than 500.000 already infected!

T O M M Y

Most certainly you are receiving these e-mails because you have sent your
e-mail address to an untrusting web site in a form or it is in a friend's infected computer or a news group which is picked up by this worm.

The worm/virus is probably one of the followings:

W32.Swen.A_mm
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

W32.Dumaru_mm
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

W32.Gibe_mm
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

< Microsoft never has, does not currently, and never will email
unsolicited security patches.>

I have received many of these e-mails ,claiming they couldn't deliver my
messages to any of those (untrue) addresses and such...,
They only way to get rid of them is to use filters provided with your e-mail
service.

------
WARNING:

Many of these e-mails can self execute the attached file ( the worm) when
you only open or see the preview of the e-mail sent to you even without
opening the attachment...If you receive them , delete them immediately
even without opening them ( This is due to a famous vulnerability in IE
while rendering HTML messages with wrong MIME headers and executing
such files, which I still see exists in OE 6 and IE 6 came with Win XP)

------
A good guide:
The worm has a fixed file size...., something about 145KB, 150KB or around it. So
if your e-mails --with any subjects or From line text-- are of the mentioned
size or sth around it , please delete the message immediately.

------

Some famous forms of these infected messages:

1- From: Microsoft Corporation Program Se Subject: Network security Upgrade Size: 143KB

2- From: Public Assistance Subject: net update Size: 130KB

3- From: Admin Subject: Error Letter Size: 150KB

4- From: MS Corporation Security Center Subject: Newest Net Update Size: 145KB

5- From: Admin Subject: Message Size : 125KB

6- From: Network Security Section Subject: "NO SUBJECT" Size : 150KB

7- From: Net message delivery Subject: No delivery found Size : 144KB

Good luck

Meg

I sent this email message today... eerrr ... yesterday.

TO: Microsoft and Norton Security / Oct. 3, 2003

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO STOP THESE BOGUS VIRUS RIDDENED
EMAILS!!!! I received 5-20 a day under one account
name. I have tried to get rid of them. I have blocked
each sender and that is taking up TIME and it is real
bothersome. THERE HAS TO BE A WAY TO KILL THEM! I use
Norton NAS & NIS 2003. I update and scan every day. I
have used their removal took for this virus. When done -
the message says that my computer is clean. It comes
thru my "stmp-server" I am told at Norton. I am computer
literate. This is verrrry frustrating. How do I get rid
of it! I can NOT get rid off and they are still coming
thru my email... over 100 this week!

W32.Swen.A@mm
Worm.automat.ahb
virus >>>>