From: "Microsoft" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Use this patch immediately !
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:08:48 -0400 (EDT)

It also includes an attachment.

Question. I s this from Microsoft? If so why the odd
message? If not , what is it?
Thanks Jouni

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Jouni;
This has been around a short while.
The attachment is most likely a virus.
Delete the Email and attachment immediately.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/news/patch_hoax.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/policy/swdist.asp

Microsoft sends security updates but NEVER with attachments.

On the rare occasion Microsoft sends a file, you would be expecting it
in advance and know exactly what it is.

Install an antivirus application.
Update your antivirus weekly.
Run it weekly.
Install or enable a firewall:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283673

David

The message says :
Dear friend , use this Internet Explorer patch now!
There are dangerous virus in the Internet now!
More than 500.000 already infected!

internet headres
From: "Microsoft" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:08:48 -0400 (EDT)

It also includes an attachment.

Question. I s this from Microsoft? If so why the odd
message? If not , what is it?
Thanks Jouni

This sis a virus. Delete it and set up message rules to ignore any in
the future. Microsoft does NOT send patches through e-mail.

Also, We are not Microsoft. This is a Peer-to-Peer support fourm.
Microsoft just hosts the the servers on wich they reside.

\David

--

Due to Viewer dicretion
Fraphic violence is advised