Is this a Virus?

About every 5 minutes I get the following e-mail. It is exactly the same
every time.

From: Manager
Subject: Old messages expired

The following messages were deleted as they were not read for 60 days

Size 3273 Age 60 days From: "Sue VanMoem" <[email protected]> Subject: test

(I changed the address as this is my wife's address.)

Any idea what this is and how I can get rid if it.

I'm running XP SP2
Outlook 2003 SP2
Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006

Thanks

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

can you log into the account online and see if these are in the mailbox? did
you look at the header to see where they originate?

There are no unread messages in my inbox and I have archived everything older
than 30 days old.
Here is the header info:

From: Manager

Thanks

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

From: Manager
Thats not the actual header information you need. Open up the email, Go to
the View Menu then Options. Then look at the internet header details. It
should tell you who sent the message, IP address etc etc. This sounds like
a spam email to me. Would advise adding to junk email senders list in
Outlook or creating a rule to delete permanently etc.

Is there any chance that you have in your mail settings chosen to keep a
copy held on the server, although this wouldn't explain why when using a web
version you cannot see any emails though. Maybe not the reason why this is
happening.

It also wouldn't hurt to make sure you got all the critical updates from
Windows Updates, and to make sure you virus definitions are up to date then
run a full virus scan as well.

Cheers
PC Mad

Thanks everyone, I found the problem.
Some how I had that account set to leave a copy of message on the server.
The message was coming from my e-mail server.

thanks agian for the help, it pointed me in the right direction.

Doug