Is there such a printer?

Ken

Colour laser.
Used for documents with text & a number of medium sized photos per page
Automatic duplexing
Single pass to get a better colour print speed
Refillable toner cartridges
Reasonable price for my home office

Ken

Michael Hopper

Colour laser.
Used for documents with text & a number of medium sized photos per page
Automatic duplexing
Single pass to get a better colour print speed
Refillable toner cartridges
Reasonable price for my home office

Ken

Define "Reasonable price".

Mike

Ken

Michael Hopper said:
Define "Reasonable price".

Mike

I need to know if there is such a model and I will need to see what the
price is and ask myself the question - can I (or do I wish to) afford it or
do I carry on as at present getting my colour work through a third party. I
am spending around £100 PM through a commercial company printing out A4 two
sides or A3 four sides with 2/3 photos on each side.
Not really said the figure but I need to do some comparables taking all
factors into account.
Ken

Ivor Jones

"Ken" <Reply to NG only> wrote in message

[snip]
I need to know if there is such a model and I will need
to see what the price is and ask myself the question -
can I (or do I wish to) afford it or do I carry on as at
present getting my colour work through a third party. I
am spending around £100 PM through a commercial company
printing out A4 two sides or A3 four sides with 2/3
photos on each side. Not really said the figure but I need to do some
comparables taking all factors into account.
Ken

I'm very satisfied with my HP CLJ_2605dn, although it does jam on duplex
printing sometimes, but that may be the config, not got to the bottom of
it yet.

I doubt you'll get any colour laser with refillable toner, they're not
like inkjets you know..!

Price-wise, the 2605dn is currently £299 from Staples, that's where I got
mine.

Ivor

William R. Walsh

Hi!
Colour laser.
Used for documents with text & a number of medium sized photos per page
Automatic duplexing
Single pass to get a better colour print speed
Refillable toner cartridges
Reasonable price for my home office

Look at the Samsung CLP series, maybe the 600? They do have some single pass
color laser printers. Sometimes you can find one on sale.

I have a CLP-550n which would meet your every requirement apart from the
fact that it is not a single pass machine. I haven't found that to be a
problem. The photographs that I have printed from it look excellent. I've
seen refilled toner cartridges available.

William

Ken

Ivor Jones said:
[...]

Ivor thanks for help.
You can get refills for your printer from
www.refilltoner.com
I have used them for years on my HP1300 (black only) and they have always
worked really well and a lot cheaper than originals.

Ken

Ivor Jones

"Ken" <Reply to NG only> wrote in message

[snip]
Ivor thanks for help.
You can get refills for your printer from
www.refilltoner.com
I have used them for years on my HP1300 (black only) and
they have always worked really well and a lot cheaper
than originals.

Hmm, I'm still not sure, the last thing I want to do with a brand new
printer is ruin it with refills, the machine is still under warranty and
I've never been comfortable with the concept of non-original consumables
just to save a few quid. False economy if it ruins the printer and I end
up having to replace it..!

Ivor

measekite

Ivor said:
"Ken" <Reply to NG only> wrote in message

[snip]

Ivor thanks for help.
You can get refills for your printer from
www.refilltoner.com
I have used them for years on my HP1300 (black only) and
they have always worked really well and a lot cheaper
than originals.

Hmm, I'm still not sure, the last thing I want to do with a brand new
printer is ruin it with refills,

I do not blame you. I would never considerate because the relabelers
will not tell me what they are selling and one has no way of tracking or
tracing how bad it may be or any way to compare it to the good stuff.
the machine is still under warranty and
I've never been comfortable with the concept of non-original consumables
just to save a few quid.

You are one of the few smart ones to post this and I am sure you will
here from the plants, refiller shills, and the other idiots who post here.
False economy if it ruins the printer and I end
up having to replace it..!

Now if there was a relabeler who properly labeled their stuff with the
name of the formulator or if a formulator would brand their own stuff
and sell it both on line in multiple websites and in the stores as well
then it would be easy to trace their reputation and maybe take a chance
if the economics were there but that is not the case now.

Elmo P. Shagnasty

Ken said:
Colour laser.
Used for documents with text & a number of medium sized photos per page
Automatic duplexing
Single pass to get a better colour print speed
Refillable toner cartridges
Reasonable price for my home office

Xerox Phaser 6180.

chantelle221bec22

I need to know if there is such a model and I will need to see what the
price is and ask myself the question - can I (or do I wish to) afford it or
do I carry on as at present getting my colour work through a third party.I
am spending around £100 PM through a commercial company printing out A4two
sides or A3 four sides with 2/3 photos on each side.
Not really said the figure but I need to do some comparables taking all
factors into account.
Ken

hi

me

Ken said:
I need to know if there is such a model and I will need to see what the
price is and ask myself the question - can I (or do I wish to) afford it or
do I carry on as at present getting my colour work through a third party. I
am spending around £100 PM through a commercial company printing out A4 two
sides or A3 four sides with 2/3 photos on each side.
Not really said the figure but I need to do some comparables taking all
factors into account.
Ken

How many pages a month are you looking at? Kyocera's machines may be
worth looking at as they have low running costs.
I'm not sure you are going to get too much in the way of A3 colour laser
with refillable cartridges.

I have here a Konica Bizhub c250 which also adds photocopying and
scanning, this is on a service and supplies contract. There is a c252p
which is the current version in printer only guise which may be worth
looking into. I think this will weigh in at just under £2,000 plus vat.

A quick play at itdatabases.com brought up an OKI machine with duplex
for £1456 plus VAT

Ken

Ivor Jones said:
"Ken" <Reply to NG only> wrote in message

[snip]
Ivor thanks for help.
You can get refills for your printer from
www.refilltoner.com
I have used them for years on my HP1300 (black only) and
they have always worked really well and a lot cheaper
than originals.

Hmm, I'm still not sure, the last thing I want to do with a brand new
printer is ruin it with refills, the machine is still under warranty and
I've never been comfortable with the concept of non-original consumables
just to save a few quid. False economy if it ruins the printer and I end
up having to replace it..!

Ivor

I can't say I blame you but over the years I have got through a toner
cartridge every month on my mono printer so refilling is saving me a lot of
money. However not aware of anyone I know who has refilled colour laser so
like you would feel very nervous.
Ken

Ken

William R. Walsh said:
Hi!

Look at the Samsung CLP series, maybe the 600? They do have some single
pass
color laser printers. Sometimes you can find one on sale.

I have a CLP-550n which would meet your every requirement apart from the
fact that it is not a single pass machine. I haven't found that to be a
problem. The photographs that I have printed from it look excellent. I've
seen refilled toner cartridges available.

William

Thanks I will have a look but starting to realise that single pass ones are
more expensive to buy.

Ken

Ken

How many pages a month are you looking at? Kyocera's machines may be worth
looking at as they have low running costs.
I'm not sure you are going to get too much in the way of A3 colour laser
with refillable cartridges.

I have here a Konica Bizhub c250 which also adds photocopying and
scanning, this is on a service and supplies contract. There is a c252p
which is the current version in printer only guise which may be worth
looking into. I think this will weigh in at just under £2,000 plus vat.

A quick play at itdatabases.com brought up an OKI machine with duplex for
£1456 plus VAT

Hi Timothy
Sorry may of confused only need A4 format as mostly have two side A4 docs
but sometimes four sided docs but which can be printed as two A4 and stapled
together. The A3 format printers do tend to be very expensive. I will look
at Konica more closely.

Ken

Ivor Jones

"Ken" <Reply to NG only> wrote in message

[snip]
Hi Timothy
Sorry may of confused only need A4 format as mostly have
two side A4 docs but sometimes four sided docs but which
can be printed as two A4 and stapled together. The A3
format printers do tend to be very expensive. I will look
at Konica more closely.

When I need to print 4 sided docs I print duplex in A5 booklet format on
A4 paper. Unless it's very small text it's usually readable..!

Ivor

me

Ivor Jones said:
"Ken" <Reply to NG only> wrote in message

[snip]
Hi Timothy
Sorry may of confused only need A4 format as mostly have
two side A4 docs but sometimes four sided docs but which
can be printed as two A4 and stapled together. The A3
format printers do tend to be very expensive. I will look
at Konica more closely.

When I need to print 4 sided docs I print duplex in A5 booklet format on
A4 paper. Unless it's very small text it's usually readable..!

In that case, proably OKI or Kyocera