Is my PC infected?

Reaction score
I have run PC Health check(2 hours to do 46%) as Rush mentioned in his thread and it has picked up various "infected" items. But none of these have been picked up by running AntiVir PE Classic or by AVG (free edition) so these are the problems?

Trojan:Win32/Adialer.KAC
TrojanDownloader:Win32/S
TrojanDownloader:Win32/V B.KZ
CoolWebSearch.MWSearch

Do i have a problem or are these harmless threat as seen my the 2 mentioned installed Anti Virus problems. Any help would be most welcomed as would ways to resolve any problems. Oh thanks in advance Muckshifter:wave: ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Oh thanks in advance Muckshifter
It's my night off ...
happywave.gif

laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Just running a check via trend micro and will report back in about 45 minutes.
Did worry for a moment that Muckshifter was out, but realised a bit of praise were it was due and he would be back:rolleyes:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Anything that starts with Trojan or TrojanDownloader would ring alarmbells to me, however I can't find anything via google :confused:

CoolWebSearch is scumware which you need to get rid of - run CWShredder/Adaware/Spybot etc :thumb:

Edit: Just noticed feckit - your not running AntiVir and AVG at the same time are you?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Anything that starts with Trojan or TrojanDownloader would ring alarmbells to me, however I can't find anything via google :confused:

CoolWebSearch is scumware which you need to get rid of - run CWShredder/Adaware/Spybot etc :thumb:

Edit: Just noticed feckit - your not running AntiVir and AVG at the same time are you?
Was, but only as AVG seemed to be the one scanning incoming mail.
Could that be the problem a conflict?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... are you running two AVs at the same time ??

:confused:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
... are you running two AVs at the same time ??

:confused:
Was trying to workout which one to ditch:blush:
Could this be part of the problem?
Happy to delete either one, whats best to keep:blush:

Update @ 22:41 PC is clean of any bugs or critters:D

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You should never run 2 AV's at the same time, they can indeed cause conflicts with each other reducing their efficiency.

As regards the PC Health check - reading this and the posts in Rush's thread, I'm not 100% convinced that these detections are true.

As suggested, run the on-line scanners without your installed AV's running and check - if they come up with nothing then I would ignore it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help

muckshifter said:
Remove AVG ... it ain't that good. ;)

user.gif
AVG deleted, will stick to AntiVir instead.
Thanks for all your help & advice over this, really do appreciate all the help on this:thumb: :bow: ;)

Ask a Question