Is it just me?

Reaction score
Seems when i try to write a new post it take ages to load the page & then comes up as server not found, but my new post appears as normal when i go back in to the same page? Anyone else having the same problem?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Yes ... it is happening in either FF ot IE ... Ian is working on it, but, is in the middle of moving flats and will only have dial-up until he can get broadband.

Normal service will resume as soon as possible ... we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

user.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've tried the temporary fix once again, but I'm logging on using 56k sitting on a pile of unpacked boxes at the moment. If this gets really bad please to let me know in this thread and I'll go to an internet cafe or a friends with broadband and see if I can sort this out.

I'm still looking in to the cause as nothing has changed since this started happening. I'll keep you all updated on the problem and hopefully I'll have ADSL installed soon :) (ordered it on sat).

Reaction score
It happened to me last week on several days. IE and FF, what I did was refresh just after posting reply and hey presto all is OK now:)

Reaction score
Hey, don't knock 56k dial-up:rolleyes:
Must admit going from 56k to 512k was one very happy day last week:D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Yes, it's been happening to me in safari as well, although all seems fine today :)
Refreshing seems to work for me also so if it does start up again then don't stress yourself Ian :) Shifting house is a big enough stress on it's own :rolleyes: & I aint in any race :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
feckit said:
Seems when i try to write a new post it take ages to load the page & then comes up as server not found, but my new post appears as normal when i go back in to the same page? Anyone else having the same problem?
Still happening to me, and seems particularly slow today?

user.gif

EDIT: Having just said that, this posted straight away :confused:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Once again, sorry folks, but you will be pleased to know it ain't your PCs ... ;)

Ian is aware of the 'problem' and will be conducting a more in-depth analyst on the server as soon as possible.

user.gif

Reaction score
Don`t worry we still have the best forum:nod: mine seems ok now, just refresh and >>>;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm working on it now, although its quite difficult on 56k as I can't log into the remote server at this speed - I'm hoping to have ADSL running early next week so I'll be able to get it sorted for sure by then :)

Is it happening all of the time and is the general site speed slow too? I'll get to the bottom of this :D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The general site speed is fine Ian - and the problem in my case seems to be intermittent - this morning it was taking ages to post , but now seems OK?

EDIT: cancel that this took ages!! - but one thing I notice is that its the 'opening page.......newreply.php' bit that takes the time - ie redirecting you back to the thread once you click 'post'.

If you open a new window and have a look at the thread directly - the new post is there....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tis ok just feel like i'm back on 14.4 again sometimes thats all

I'm patient, it's ok. Now just hurry up and sort it out Ian ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to turn of the e-mail facilities to see if that is causing it (as it processes that at that point) - if anyone notices any patterns please do let me know and I'll look into that avenue.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Does it seem ok for everyone now? :)
err, you don't want me to tell you I had a couple of "page cannot be displyed" and to try again thingies, do you? ... :blush:

Though I do think it may be BT messing around as I seem to be having a little 'trouble' anyway.

BUT, all the posts posted fine-n-dandy.
nod.gif
:thumb:

Ask a Question