ipod troubles

Reaction score
Hi guys
first post so please go easy:)
my computer recently crashed on me therefore losing all my info music etc,now when i plug my ipod in i cant use the songs on it or transfer them on to itunes on my comp,i can see all the songs on the pod but i cant click on them or anything.
is there any way of doing this please without having to re load them all?
thanks chris

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
im not entirely sure about this as i dont have one, but does it show up under my computer as a drive ? if it does you might be able to browse it and drag the tracks off and use them in itunes

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
google for a program called podplus it will let you pull all the songs from your ipod if you dont want podplus i believe that there are some other programs out there but you do need a program to get the songs as apple renames them in a strange way when they trnsfer them to the ipod

Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
google for a program called podplus it will let you pull all the songs from your ipod if you dont want podplus i believe that there are some other programs out there but you do need a program to get the songs as apple renames them in a strange way when they trnsfer them to the ipod

if i remembe open my comp open ipod then go to

tools- folder options then click on view then go down and check box that says view hidden files and folders

you should now be able to view songs

they may be in folders eg f1

hope this helps

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
sfc you are right but it will not have the right track names the ipod names the tracks like 001 00254 etc... in a random track naming process so the owner would have to manually rename all of the tracks but as i posted earlier you can get programs that will pull the songs off of the ipod and have the correct track names so there is no renaming needed

Ask a Question