iPhone 4S battery problem

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You shouldn't have restored from the backup really Bex. Its entirely possible that you could have just copied the issue back to your phone. :(

I'd try doing a fresh restore via iTunes and setting it up as if it were a new phone and not from the backup.

Remember to copy your pics and any other media you wish to keep.

I know it may be a pain in the butt, but thats what i did with my new 4S and it was noticeably better, though that was from my jailbroken and modded 4... But i still think the same applies.

Try it and see what happens. Worst comes to the worst you can just restore back to the backup of it now.

:)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Problem solved!!

My phone was stolen from my handbag this afternoon.

:mad:

V_R - thanks for the tips. I did the restore from iTunes on the advice of the so called 'Genius', but you may be right.

Reaction score
Problem solved!!

:mad:
Sorry to hear that Becky.:mad:
Have you reported it to the police & got a crime number, was it insured?
If not check on your contents insurance as some policies may cover it??

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score

That's a bit of a ( insert word of choice ) Contact your mobile provider so they can block the IMEI number so which ever toe rag lifted it out you handbag can't use it.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I cancelled the SIM straight away, and they blacklisted the IMEI number too. I've changed all my passwords etc, so hopefully the damage is minimised. Unfortunately it's not covered by insurance (we've triple checked), so this was an expensive afternoon.

I've reported it to the police, and because it was taken whilst my handbag was on me I've got to give a statement - there'll be someone coming around tonight.

UGH.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score

I've reported it to the police, and because it was taken whilst my handbag was on me I've got to give a statement - there'll be someone coming around tonight.

UGH.

Double OUCH!! well hopefully where ever you were has ots of cameras about, that might be of help to the police :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Oh FFS, that ****es me off. :mad:

Stealing phones these days really isn't worth it anymore, as you can blacklist the phone and its then worthless....

Did you have a pin code on it? Also should have it set to wipe the data after ten failed attempts. ;)

For a bit of fun did you have the 'Find my iPhone' thing on it? - https://www.icloud.com/# :D

Unfortunately it's not covered by insurance (we've triple checked), so this was an expensive afternoon.

UGH.
Really!? Surely if you were essentially pick pocketed that should be covered!? (I did read that right didn't it?)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The police were round earlier - they were really good about it, and have said they will check the CCTV. They said that blocking the phone means it can't be used anywhere in the EU, and there is a 6 month prison sentence for illegally unblocking one.

I didn't sign up to Find My iPhone, but I did have 'Find my Friends' which Ian is also signed up to, but there was no luck with that.

Sadly the insurance we have definitely doesn't cover it :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm hoping they try and check the e-mail account via a wifi connection, as I'd be able to get their IP address using that... however I guess they'd need to break the passcode to do that, rather than just wiping it and starting afresh (which is what I guess they'll do).

I wish there was a way to trace the phone using the IMEI number as it's going to try and connect at some point, unless they turn on airplane mode.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I wish there was a way to trace the phone using the IMEI number as it's going to try and connect at some point, unless they turn on airplane mode.

If Becky has already reported the phone stolen/lost to her network, the IMEI number is usually blocked within minutes. Rendering it useless. I think emergency calls are the only thing that could be made then.

Reaction score
There is no denying that the iPhone 4S has battery issues. Despite Apple claims to the contrary, there is a significant number of users with problems, based on what I have seen in both my own experience and across the web. It is an issue that deserves Cupertino's full attention.
Is it really as bad as it seems? Has 'Batterygate' taken on a life of its own, far surpassing the true weight of the situation? There is tendency in this era of the 24-hour news cycle to overhype, and Apple's battery woes are no exception.

Visit for more : [mucks' edit ... :user:]

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Becky I do hope you are able to get some kind of comeback from the insurance..

People Its important nowadays to ring your insurance provider if you have expensive items that need to be added to the policy

Reaction score
I have an iphone 4 with no issues running the os4. My gf however has the i4s running os5 and is complaining about the battery already after only 3 or 4 weeks..... i reckon the new software is heavy on juice.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Why dont you install iOS5 on your 4 and tell us how it is, then we can pinpoint if its a software or hardware issue. :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Good news - so far it looks like my new iPhone 4S has a normal battery... :)

(I've probably jinxed it now!)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Well my 3GS is no longer, even after a new battery ,still the same. Sadly it met its maker. Mykitchen wall is pretty hard :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Good to hear the new ones ok Bex, shame tit was under the current circumstances though!

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that your phone got stolen Becky.
Mine got stolen recently, why i have no idea as it was 5 years old and had a dodgy screen!
Was looking at the iPhone but the cost put me off on PAYG.:blush:

Ask a Question