Iomega DVD Super Drive - no RAM write & +RW is very slow

G

Have installed a new Iomega DVD Super Drive (+R/RW, -R/RW, RAM, ROM & CD-R/-RW. The drive is supposed to read type 2 RAM disks using the Hotburn Pro software but doesn't. It will read them & even format them (via Explorer) but does not recognise the media as writable. On the same drive I get a write speed on a +RW disk of about 300 kb/sec (not Mb!) while trying to write a data disk, again using the HotBurn Pro software

I have now tried starting from scratch with a fresh XP Pro installation & HotBurn Pro as the only 3rd part app. Still no improvement. I have a system with a PIII-933 processor, 512 Mb RAM, Intel 815EEA motherboard, 18 Gb SCSI boot disk, Pioneer DVD-115 ROM drive, Matrox AGP video, Belkin USB2 card & Canopus IEEE1394 card. I have run out of ideas on how to make the new drive work properly and am not sure whether it's a hardware or software issue.

G

Not the answer you want to hear

Many of my suppliers have reported usage problems with the IOMEGA devices

Go back to the store and swap the IOMEGA for a Pioneer drive: a little more expensive yes, but they have a better reputation. Remember that 'you always get what you pay for': including free advice.

G

Thanks for the "advice" it was worth very cent. I am sure I will take it seriously in the near future if I can work things rght.

J

joust in jest

Your problem has nothing to do with Windows XP. Feel free to ask Iomega for
assistance with the problems you have with their product.

steve

Wally said:
Thanks for the "advice" it was worth very cent. I am sure I will take it
seriously in the near future if I can work things rght.

Ask a Question