InternetExplorer closing down in Herald Sun website only!

Its just closing every time i try to click on a link on the herald sun
website to read an article. The browser closes or is 'not responding'

Dosent happen in any other site, I have all the updates & antivirus scans
are not finding anything on the computer.

Can anyone help me please?

Don Varnau

Hi,
Knowing the versions of Windows and Internet Explorer would be helpful ;-)

Some steps to try:

* First, clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)
* Try placing the site in Trusted Sites (Internet Options> Security.)
Uncheck "Require server verification" and enter the site as *.news.com
* Internet Options> Advanced> (click on) Restore Defaults

If those steps don't fix this, reply back to this thread (topic.) There are
other possibilities.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Haha sorry! IE version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp; Windows XP Professional. Thankyou
for replying...I tried the steps you suggested but it is still happening. The
error message is:

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00010a77

Does that help at all? Thanks again

-- Nicole

nicole000 said:
Its just closing every time i try to click on a link on the herald sun
website to read an article. The browser closes or is 'not responding'

Dosent happen in any other site, I have all the updates & antivirus scans
are not finding anything on the computer.

Can anyone help me please?

Don Varnau

Hi,
Other things to try:
Open a cmd window (Start> Run> cmd) enter (type in or copy/paste)
ipconfig /flushdns
[Enter] or [OK]
Restart

From IE> Tools> Manage add-ons. Disable add-ons to see if one of them is the
culprit.

Disable (for diagnostic purposes) programs such as pop-up blockers,
security, toolbars and other add-ons for IE, anti-virus, etc. Take a look at
any program that might be blocking these pages. You may have to reconfigure,
reinstall, or not reinstall, a program.

* Important... Turn on the Windows Firewall (from Control Panel or Security
Center) before disabling a third-party firewall.

If running a cable modem, dsl modem or router, have you, at some point, shut
everything down for a few minutes? This sometimes helps.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Hi Don,

Thanks so much for your help! You have fixed my problem :) So nice of you to
take the time to help me out!

-- Nicole

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Other things to try:
Open a cmd window (Start> Run> cmd) enter (type in or copy/paste)
ipconfig /flushdns
[Enter] or [OK]
Restart

From IE> Tools> Manage add-ons. Disable add-ons to see if one of them is the

"nicole000" <nicole000[at]discussions.microsof.com> wrote in message
Its just closing every time i try to click on a link on the herald sun
website to read an article. The browser closes or is 'not responding'

Dosent happen in any other site, I have all the updates & antivirus scans
are not finding anything on the computer.

Can anyone help me please?

Don Varnau

You're welcome. Thanks for reporting back.

Don

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Other things to try:
Open a cmd window (Start> Run> cmd) enter (type in or copy/paste)
ipconfig /flushdns
[Enter] or [OK]
Restart

From IE> Tools> Manage add-ons. Disable add-ons to see if one of them is the

:
Hi,
Knowing the versions of Windows and Internet Explorer would be
helpful
;-)