Internet Speed Test thread number thirty three and a half

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Share your speed here :)

I'm in Greenwich SE London, use Zen as a Broadband supplier and I have no idea which technology they're using. But I get a decent ping in Call of Duty, which is what matters after all.

(Here's a link to this test site: http://www.speedtest.net/)

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
4G LTE, Helsinki

5058545536.png

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
S. Wales here, and also with Zen. Here is my most recent result:

Speedtest.png

Wow Urmas! You have very speedy internet :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks to Cameron and Blair etc etc I have blistering speed. I live three and a half miles from the telephone exchange.:rolleyes:

Dquw4pt.png

Makes me proud to be a Brit ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks to Cameron and Blair etc etc I have blistering speed. I live three and a half miles from the telephone exchange.:rolleyes:

Dquw4pt.png

Makes me proud to be a Brit ;)

Ah, but you do have the luxury of isolation.

Can't have it all ways matey, you fancy a faster speed, move into one of those inner city slums close to me :)

And hey, mine's not that fast compared to others, Greenwich actually has an archaic telephone exchange which currently negates any potential speed gains by recently introduced technology in the chain.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just realised, TC and I both use Zen, her speed is faster than mine. I'm in London and my server is in Sheffield, TC is in S. Wales and her server is in London. :confused: Of course it makes sense, of course, of course......

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Speedtest refuses to work for me. :rolleyes:

http://speedof.me/show.php?img=160204235529-7145.png

EDIT: found the new one ...

EDIT2: Speedtest will not load if Simple Addblock is active, even if you allow ads, you must disable it. I found no other website that does this, a lot complain and tell you you are missing out on great 'features', but not Speedtest. JFYI.

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I just realised, TC and I both use Zen, her speed is faster than mine. I'm in London and my server is in Sheffield, TC is in S. Wales and her server is in London. :confused: Of course it makes sense, of course, of course......
We're also fortunate enough to have the FTC connection, so that makes a big difference. :blush:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
TalkTalk, East London, 0.7 miles from exchange and about 150 meters from cab.

Reaction score
Ping 22ms - Download 32.90Mbps - Upload 8.10Mbps with Sky Broadband in leafy South West London.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Mine is FTTC, my building is wired for fiber. Now if only we could get BT / Openreach to fill in the void.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Can't have it all ways matey, you fancy a faster speed, move into one of those inner city slums close to me :)

That was three and a half miles not thirty five miles. An I have a friend who lives really deep in the countryside out Hawshead way who gets fast speeds. So my location is not really to blame. It is the pathetic governments, all parties, and their look after the rich policies that are to blame. Grumble grumble moan moan etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
What I find amazing is the variation of speeds that people are getting, and not in really out of the way places. I could understand if someone was in a really isolated out of the way place e.g Dartmoor, Highlands of Scotland etc but in towns and semi rural places seems amazing in this digital age.:eek:

Reaction score
We live on the edge of the Kent Weald and our supplier is a wireless by sight which is more expensive than BT but is far quicker than BT which is depending where you live in the village but is about 10 MPS

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's mine - a big improvement on a couple of years ago! Fast enough for anything I need tbh:

5107881282.png

Reaction score
I am about the same as you on the download but the upload is a lot slower why would that be? Also the ping is a bit slower?:confused:

Ask a Question