Internet headers being displayed

John Skipsey

Hi all,

My users are getting emails which have the internet
headers displayed in the
main body of the message with attachements displayed as
code beneath the
message.

I've discovered that in the corrupted emails there is
always a set of empty
quotes followed by an email address, like this

To: (e-mail address removed), " "(e-mail address removed)

This only happens when sent out via a particular ISP, if
use any other the
message comes through fine, with a space instead of
quotes.

However, the administrator for the mail server which
gives
the problem
assures me that his server is not adding the quotes and
that it's a problem
with Outlook?

Can anyone please help solve this? Here is one of the
corrupted headers.

Date: 26 Sep 2003 13:08:05 +0100
From: "Gareth Hughes" <[email protected]>
To: (e-mail address removed), " " <[email protected]>,
" " <[email protected]>
Subject: Test - please delete

Brian Tillman

I've discovered that in the corrupted emails there is
always a set of empty
quotes followed by an email address, like this

To: (e-mail address removed), " "(e-mail address removed)

The rules for SMTP mail state that text within quotes is treated as a
comment. It should cause no problem at all.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace